Algarve Travel Association

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
alanr
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Algarve Travel Association

Post by alanr »

Can anyone help with this?

I am trying to contact Ron Young of The Algarve Travel Association. We have had a villa reserved since January with him for this August and I need to sort a few things with him. I have tried his email and telephone shown on his website for the last week or so, but to no avail. We have used him a number of times before and he has always been first class. I'm not sure if he may be just away for a few days, but I am getting a bit anxious.

He has an office in the Centro Commercial Cerro dos Pios, which is the little bit off restaurant hill where Mungo's is. I think he lives up past Golf e Mar somewhere.

Does anyone have any other contact details?

Many thanks in advance.
Stewpot
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Re: Algarve Travel Association

Post by Stewpot »

I have sent you a PM regarding this can you contact me when you have read it please. I to am having difficulty contacting Ron Young regarding my villa booking
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

Stewpot wrote:I have sent you a PM regarding this can you contact me when you have read it please. I to am having difficulty contacting Ron Young regarding my villa booking
Scam?
alanr
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by alanr »

I'm not sure it is the usual sort of scam. I have used Ron Young at least 5 times over the last 10 years or so and he has always been exemplary. Apparently he has traded for more 20 years in Carvoeiro. No doubt people - including me - are going to lose money and/or holidays, but I can't help thinking there is more to it than a scam.

The thing I don't understand is that more than 200 people have now read this post and no-one can shed any light on what has happened.

I have moved on and am trying to find an alternative.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

alanr wrote:I'm not sure it is the usual sort of scam. I have used Ron Young at least 5 times over the last 10 years or so and he has always been exemplary. Apparently he has traded for more 20 years in Carvoeiro. No doubt people - including me - are going to lose money and/or holidays, but I can't help thinking there is more to it than a scam.

The thing I don't understand is that more than 200 people have now read this post and no-one can shed any light on what has happened.

I have moved on and am trying to find an alternative.
He may have gone bust or perhaps he's ill and died intestate, whatever it's a sad situation for all. :(
Polli62
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Polli62 »

Just a thought, if you have paid by card which is available on their website page for payments could you not claim it back, as the rental service has not been provided or fulfilled.
alanr
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by alanr »

Hopefully yes - if it was a credit card. I have contacted the bank already and am awaiting a response.

I am told the office of this agency is now closed, so it looks like we will need to look elsewhere.

I have liaised with Stewpot so she knows what is going on, but there must be lots of others who are going to be disappointed.

All very sad!
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

You could always call Autorent car hire to see if they know what is going on. They are listed on Rons web site, they may well be able to shed some light on what is going on.

http://www.algarve-villarentals.com/Default.aspx
griff61
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by griff61 »

Any news on what's happened to Ron Young, when we were out last week his office was closed and for rent.
Seems strange we used him many times in the past with no problems, but not rented from him for a few years now.