Travel Chaos

Please use for all posting related to the volcanic ash travel chaos
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Travel Chaos

Post by EMM »

My guests tell me Monte Carvoeiro coach already fully booked.

Are any others planned.?
KenC
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by KenC »

As of 15 minutes ago there was one space left. They are not organising another as all their guests are catered for.

The coach company is Griffin Travel on 0044 78253 38082 if anyone would like to organise another directly. I am aware of at least a dozen others who would join it.
completecarvoeiro
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by completecarvoeiro »

Now now girls,Wigan & where else? How charming.
I know very well of that animal charity,i have a thankyou letter from Simon for a donation i sent them alongside others on my office wall in London.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

My guests having missed out on the thursday coach want to know if anyone else is organising another.

Is there anyone in the resort attempting this ??
martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

this report from "Get Real Newspaper" here in portugal

"Rental car solution
Passengers stranded at Faro Airport due to the volcanic ash have been paying as much as €3,000 to take hire cars on a one way journey to get home. The head of Hertz was reported by Lusa as having ordered 15 extra cars to meet demand even though the one way rental cost was between €2,500 and €3,000 depending on destination. The high costs are being justified by the need for the vehicle to be returned to Portugal.

Sixt rental company has also confirmed it has supplied a number of customers with vehicles on a similar basis for people needing to get back to destinations primarily in France, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain.

364 flights had been cancelled by mid-day on Sunday in Portugal with the largest portion in Lisbon due to the volcanic cloud. Most of the flights were destined for central and northern Europe and the UK.

A large number of stranded passengers have opted to use buses and the company Eva Transport has been inundated by people trying to leave the country. Domestic flights have been allowed to continue including flights to the Canary Islands."
martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

just wondered why at those prices someone doesn't buy an old banger - I saw one today at 900 euros for a Fiat..then drive it to uk and then scrap it
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

Sorry if this has been posted on one of the other 1000 odd threads on the subject but Easyjet looks like it is operating from a lot of UK airports tomorrow.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

BRITISH AIRSPACE TO REOPEN 10.00PM tonight. Flighst should start as soon as the airlines can get back on track.

Looks like the worst is over.
completecarvoeiro
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by completecarvoeiro »

martin wrote:just wondered why at those prices someone doesn't buy an old banger - I saw one today at 900 euros for a Fiat..then drive it to uk and then scrap it
Why scrap it Martin,if its managed to get you all the way back to the UK it must have some value,just sell it on to reclaim some of your expenses incurred.
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

Vapour trails starting to appear over London Ye Ha :lol: :lol:
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

Bristol Faro flight shown a left this morning.

Our guests stranded since last week have flights back from Lisbon tomorow.
brian viggers
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by brian viggers »

There is a coach leaving Monte Carvoeiro on Thurs Afternoon for all those still without flights. Contact Natalia 00351 282 350 110