general opinions please

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/Atlantico.gif
julia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

general opinions please

Post by julia »

:? we are coming over to look at a property and would be very grateful of any 'inside info' as to what the area is like. we understand the restaraunt is up for sale and just wondered what the general feel of the complex is. we have come over to rocha brava for many years and are very keen to buy in the area, any help please?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Julia,

I have owned a villa on Club Atlantico for 3 years. The estate is pretty upmarket and very peaceful. No complaints at all really. And, dare I say, probably a better investment than Rocha Brava. The general estate is managed by Carvoeiro Clube, who are OK (ish). The restaurant is a waste of time, it is up for sale, but won't be sold at the price being asked, which is a shame.

But Atlantico is only a 5 Euro taxi ride from town (taxis are plentiful), so this isn't really a problem. Its better to be out of town, in the peace and quiet, and be able to go there when you want.

If you want to know more, post your email address, and I will help as much as I can.

Mark
julia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by julia »

Thanks Mark, we came over at the beginning of the month and had a look at a couple of villas but there were some very odd looking stains on the tiles and distinct problems with a tree outside one of them. We think Atlantico is probably too far out for us, we need to be able to stagger home from a couple of restaraunts and get fresh croissants easily in the morning, but thank you for your input, julia :)
Bar

Buying property

Post by Bar »

I stayed in Rocha Brava at Easter with a view to buying property in one of the complexes. I went around all the complexes and they were all very dead including Clube Atlantico. The only place that was full of life was Rocha Brava and this would be where I would buy.
kteee

Post by kteee »

I like Rocha Brava a lot, but you do pay a premium on property there - also check the condominium charges before you buy as I understand they are very high on Rocha Brava.
gamalpass
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Shambala

Post by gamalpass »

Stayed at Clube Atlantico recently for 2 weeks and absolutely loved it. Our villa Shambala was fabulous as was the restaurant at our back door La Belle Vita. The area is lovely and quiet. Very peaceful. Highly reccommend Clube Atlantico.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: general opinions please

Post by alf1956 »

Regarding the restaurant at Clube Atlantico it is one of the finest dinning places in the area. I realise that the original post about it being a waste of time was quite a few years ago but I just thought it was only fair to update the forum about it.