WALK - MONDAY 30 MAY 2022 - CISTUS VALLEY

The ad hoc walking group
Linda and Russell
CVO Master
CVO Master

WALK - MONDAY 30 MAY 2022 - CISTUS VALLEY

Post by Linda and Russell »

Linda and Russell will be doing this walk if anyone wishes to join us.. We meet in Figueira and then drive to the start of the walk. Then we head out into a peaceful valley with lots of Cistus and dry river beds. The walk is around 10kms and not too difficult but it is recommended to bring a pole due to a steep downhill section on uneven ground. From the valley bottom we make a gentle climb up the gradual hill to the top of the ridge to enjoy views over the hills towards Monchique. Then the downhill stretch on uneven ground. The usual rules apply: wear suitable footwear, bring a pole if you have one, bring a drink, no charge of course.

We meet at Snack bar Manu in Figueira and then drive for 5 minutes to the start of the walk. Meeting time: 9:30 am. The cafe should be open for a coffee at the start.

Directions: Drive along the N125 directions Lagos, pass the Alvor and Pennina Golf turnings. After another 2kms at a small roundabout take the right turning sign posted Figueira. Drive up the hill, the road then bends to the left, go straight forward at a small crossroads and the cafe is about 200 metres on the right. There is a car park just after the cafe which says "sports bar parking". Park here.

We will then drive past the restaurant Solar Do Farelo, and along the CM1145 for the start of the walk, parking is very limited there. Please indicate below if you will be joining us. Contact on the day is: 0044 796 0552618
Kevin and his dogs
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: WALK - MONDAY 30 MAY 2022 - CISTUS VALLEY

Post by Kevin and his dogs »

Hi Linda and Russell
I would like to join your walk.
Thanks
Kevin
Rick@Carvoeiro
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rick@Carvoeiro »

Hi,

Rick and Debbie for the walk please.
Rick@Carvoeiro
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rick@Carvoeiro »

Hi Linda & Russell, I can't make the walk now as I have just received an email to say I have a delivery Monday morning. Debbie will still be on the walk though. Rick
Wendywoo
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Wendywoo »

Hi Linda, Rus
Count Steve and I in for the walk.
Will be good to catch up with you both
Thanks
Wendy
Linda and Russell
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Linda and Russell »

We enjoyed the 360 degree view from the top of the ridge. 4 of us and the 3 dogs enjoyed an al fresco lunch at the cafe after.
We enjoyed the 360 degree view from the top of the ridge. 4 of us and the 3 dogs enjoyed an al fresco lunch at the cafe after.
Cloudy day.jpg (52.65 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
6 walkers and 3 dogs enjoyed the quiet valley today.
6 walkers and 3 dogs enjoyed the quiet valley today.
cistus valley.jpg (74.15 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
Cloudy day.jpg (52.65 KiB) Viewed 1389 times