Tiffany's

Top 10 pages, Organise Get-Togethers and community events. Check the CVO Ramblers walking group. Food recipes & golf news.
davethegreat
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Tiffany's

Post by davethegreat »

I was there last night no signs of any disruption or fighting clearly someone trying to give the place a bad reputation, i am surprised that Steen would let a first time poster try to ruin a new business reputation like this. Clearly someone with a grudge go get a life or go and see the owners.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

I think the comment " I was at the Cocktail Garden " says it all :twisted:
julesw
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by julesw »

Davethegreat are you not the owner of Tiffanys???????????????????????

by davethegreat » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:50 pm

I was there last night no signs of any disruption or fighting clearly someone trying to give the place a bad reputation, i am surprised that Steen would let a first time poster try to ruin a new business reputation like this. Clearly someone with a grudge go get a life or go and see the owners.davethegreat
CVO Regular

Private message
Rascalsbar
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rascalsbar »

Good on to Dave and family for opening Tiffanys.

Its very difficult at the moment to open a new bar and they should be applauded for giving it a go.
people will always knock you but you just have to keep doing your best and make sure the beer is cold, and you'll do great..

next thing you know you'll have pixie lott in your bar...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

that shuts em right up!!

see you soon for a beer,
barry and kate at Rascals bar.
Ernie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Ernie »

I would also like to add good luck to anyone who is trying to start a business in this financial climate. I wish you well hopefully the competitive " Spirit" which forced joss from the slam bar by vandalising pool tables and furniture etc.. will not be too prevelant...Good Luck to all concerned.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

Ernie wrote:I would also like to add good luck to anyone who is trying to start a business in this financial climate. I wish you well hopefully the competitive " Spirit" which forced joss from the slam bar by vandalising pool tables and furniture etc.. will not be too prevelant...Good Luck to all concerned.
Would you care to expand on that comment? Re vandalism ?
Ernie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Ernie »

Yes if you like ..... there was repeated vandalisim of property at the slam bar when it was run by jossy.... I have no idea who was the culprit and cannot name an unknown person but it did happen often enough to be a nusance
soulman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by soulman »

We were sat at Tim's - 'Up the Pub' one evening recently, waiting for a table at Elliots.

Next to us in the Cocktail Academy section were a Canadian family who we had been speaking to, later one of the waiters was speaking to them and openly slagging off the British for various reasons, especially for giving poor tips.

I then made a comment in English about how businesses here rely heavily on Brits as well as others to survive, and received a derogatory comment about my mother, in Portuguese. I then replied to him in fluent Portuguese and was given further audible verbal abuse as he left their table. Later that night I spoke with the owner, and was told somewhat apologetically, that the guy was new and only joking.

It is an ongoing saga in MC and other parts of CVO with certain businesses trying to damage their competition any way they can, so best thing to do is try out a place for yourself.

I have lived, schooled and worked here for over 25 years and am amazed at the derogatory comments I hear on numerous occasions from PT business owners throughout Portugal about other foreign owned businesses and also foreign tourists. Many believe that the 'estrangeiros' have taken their profits and without them, they and Portugal would still be prosperous. :shock:

Like any country UK, Portugal, France, Spain, etc. Go to a place and try it yourself, If I boycotted places in Carvoeiro based on comments on here, I would need to eat and drink at home most nights.
Ernie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Ernie »

The "compettitive spirit" i mentioned before is not only restricted to MC. I remember a strange incident at Hemingway's where a section of electrical cable which operated the electric canopy was cut out. The offending (to someone) cable was 4 meters high in the air so someone had to be very tall or have a ladder to remove a section of cable overnight (the section was about 10cm long) again another nusance incident
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

Ernie wrote:Yes if you like ..... there was repeated vandalisim of property at the slam bar when it was run by jossy.... I have no idea who was the culprit and cannot name an unknown person but it did happen often enough to be a nusance
Ernie - you juist repeated what you said previously. I go to Monte Carvoeiro every year and have never seen such vandalism - pools cues get broken by kids who have had too much but I remember Jossy well - and cannot recall damage to the tables and furniture happening at times when he wasn't in attendance.
Ernie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Ernie »

Sorry Hampshire , Just because you cant remember it, does not mean it did not happen.......it did, always overnight and on several occassions