Restaurants on visit

joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Restaurants on visit

Post by joeysoap »

Just returned home from a 3 week stay in CVO
Restaurants we visited on this trip,

Pashmina: excellent, fresh food with with really good flavours, service was good.

Taste: so good we went twice. Outdoor setting close to the road but still very nice outdoor space. Cyprian and Nicola have have improved on an already high standard. Quality of the food was excellent as was the service.

Chefs Kitchen: The ‘old’ Taste is unrecognizable and much better layout. Menu was extensive and was had a really nice meal. Service was friendly but slow.

O Albatroz: nice restaurant, different but limited menu. Fish in particular was limited. Brazilian style ( or so the manager informed us). Steaks were good. Service was good.

Wolf: terrific food and terrific service in a comfortable restaurant.

A Rede: after approx 10 years we decided to give this restaurant a go. Don’t regret it but it will be another 10 before we return. Restaurant was comfortable and menu was good but expensive. €30 for sea bass (for 1) €25 for grilled sole. And they added non existent convert to the bill. Service was very slow.

Martin’s Grill : the least said the better. Awful.

Happys: well Happys is just that, no need for my opinion. Worth a visit every trip.

Jomar : good as always, friendly service and cheap as chips.

We had lunch in various places and they were all pretty decent.

Prices have increased though, with the exception of Happys the wines were all around €15-20 and main courses were roughly on a par with home (Ireland).
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Restaurants on visit

Post by smudger »

Must have overlapped, family and me there for 3 weeks until 15 August!!
Useful comments about your experiences.
Never been to Chef's Kitchen, O Albatroz or Pashmina yet.
Totally agree with Jomar, we do lunch and dinner there (not on same day I'd add!!!)
Twice went to the Gurka place, verdict? Jury still out, first time very good, second not as good.
Roll on October for next visit. :D
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

smudger wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:43 pm Must have overlapped, family and me there for 3 weeks until 15 August!!
Useful comments about your experiences.
Never been to Chef's Kitchen, O Albatroz or Pashmina yet.
Totally agree with Jomar, we do lunch and dinner there (not on same day I'd add!!!)
Twice went to the Gurka place, verdict? Jury still out, first time very good, second not as good.
Roll on October for next visit. :D
That’s the day we came home as well.

And if Jomar is busy...... you just go next door. :D
tommy tunstall
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by tommy tunstall »

Doce Mar which is next door to Jomar, is my favourite bar in Carvs. Lovely couple run it, friendly locals, Food and drinks good and not expensive.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

tommy tunstall wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:57 am Doce Mar which is next door to Jomar, is my favourite bar in Carvs. Lovely couple run it, friendly locals, Food and drinks good and not expensive.
Been there! Remember couple of years ago watching Portugal v Germany in Doce Mar. Many of the locals watched the game with plates of snails as we would eat crisps etc!! Portugal lost 1 nil I think. Youngest son was most upset when the Funky Chicken carry out shop closed down just couple of doors up from Doce Mar and Jomar! After a few beers he and his mates made a beeline for the FC for food!