Mar D'Fora

Ceepeebee
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Mar D'Fora

Post by Ceepeebee »

Just wanted to share a few reviews of restaurants during our last visit in July 2018 as I noticed posts are waning.

So, last year (our 5th year in CVO) was our first trip to Mar D'Fora. We loved it and the service was top notch.

This year we went back again of an evening at around 8:45pm. Yes it was busy but it didn't feel claustrophobic. We basically had the same food (Couvert, shared 2 person chicken curry) but it was lacking in flavour. That, plus 2 drinks came to over €60.

Whilst I can't fault the service too much (a bit slow but they were busy) the value for money here is on a downwards trend unfortunately. It's a great view and that's what you're paying for.

I'm unsure if we'd go back frankly.
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Mar D'Fora

Post by madaboutangling »

I agree. We went for the first time in June. It has a wonderful position and a pleasant walk up from the town. The starters and puddings were disappointing though the Cataplana was good. Certainly you pay for the view. Feel that Onze is much better and sitt8ng outside there is just as good. The other place with a great view that is also overpriced is Tia Ilda.