Restaurant Bookings & Uber

Netherlee Bear
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Restaurant Bookings & Uber

Post by Netherlee Bear »

Hi

We are in CVO, for the first time, for ten days from the 16th. Do you think we would we still need to book ahead at restaurants ? We have two young kids so prob looking to eat a bit earlier, (5-30 to 6-30).....we are staying in Vale do Millho and thinking Villa Medici for the wee guy's 5th birthday on the Monday night, good choice?

Also, can someone confirm if Uber is up and running in Portugal? Thought it was maybe banned?

Many thanks
e-richard

Re: Restaurant Bookings & Uber

Post by e-richard »

You're probably OK not booking, but its always a good idea.
Be aware that some restaurants do not actually start till 6pm or even 6.30pm

Uber is up and running and cars are available in The Algarve, but not too many of them, so expect to wait occasionally.
Netherlee Bear
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Netherlee Bear »

Never thought about the opening times!! Thanks for that, ideal
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

I wouldn’t chose villa Medici for children. It used to be kid friendly but last year it dropped its kids menu and you have to pay for an adult meal. Also there are a few lambrettas around which are very tempting for children to climb on. Nice restaurant but wouldn’t be my choice for children anymore
Netherlee Bear
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Netherlee Bear »

Thanks, any ideas for somewhere not too far from Vale do Milho? ie, East side of the town....we will prob do the usual pizza places etc to keep him happy, just wanted somewhere a wee bit more 'special' for his birthday, obviously without being fine dining etc.... quite specific I know!! :D

Thanks for any suggestions!
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

Primavera is very nice, there always seems to be families at A Gale, just further down restaurant hill.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

I’m not being biased as I admit we live there half of the year but Vila nova 5 mins in a taxi from town has a lovely restaurant and children’s park . The owner Anibal will pull out all the stops if it’s a birthday party and is a dab hand with kids balloons. I’d then end up at monte carvoeiro ( halfway between Vila nova and the town) adults can enjoy cocktails whilst the kids can run around in a safe area. I know because I’ve been there, done it and got the t shirt
alanr
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by alanr »

You don't need Uber or any taxi. The restaurant at Vale de Milho is a lovely family restaurant with a small children's play area. One of the best meals I've ever had in Portugal and always make a fuss of the kids.
Netherlee Bear
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Netherlee Bear »

Many thanks folks, the UBER question was more for the holiday in general, getting to supermarket, after long day at the beach etc, but the restaurant recommendations are ideal, much appreciated.