A Tasquinha Monte Carvoeiro

Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

A Tasquinha Monte Carvoeiro

Post by Alison »

Just posted good review (on this forum) under the topic for the Lagoa name, which by now should read Carvoeiro!
Last edited by Alison on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bugsey
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: A Tasquinha Monte Carvoeiro

Post by bugsey »

The Carvoeiro A Tasquinha has 62 reviews and is rated 33 in Carvoeiro (TripAdvisor)
American Pie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by American Pie »

Had a great meal here, the quality of the food was excellent in a nice atmosphere with friendly staff and it is not expensive. Have paid much more in town for rubbish.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

Just back from a lovely week in Cvo. We had 4 meals out, Oasis was fine , Happys was great, as usual. We had a very pleasant evening in Taste last Thursday with music. However as on our last visit (August) A Tasquina comes out on top. Food was superb, we both had starters, both went for the red snapper special for mains,one sweet. Complimentary bread butter and olives, water and wine all for under €50. Very pleasant jazz band playing from 7.30 to 10.00, and the room is lovely with a real fire. Recommended.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Does anyone know if the restaurant is open on Sunday 6th March for Mothers Day? Normal opening times are Mon to Sat I believe.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

It's open Sunday's now Dave but it's very
Popular. Would ring and book
ASAP
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

tricky wrote:It's open Sunday's now Dave but it's very
Popular. Would ring and book
ASAP
Thanks for the reply Christine.
jjallen
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by jjallen »

We have been there many times one of my favourites along with taste always eat at both on every visit, we also used vimar but it's not been very good the last couple of visits.
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

Went to A Tasquinha on Friday evening. Had a really nice meal but we were the only two there all evening. I can't see how Marco could have even covered his cost for the evening and you wonder how long a business can keep going like this.

Never had a bad meal there (or Lagoa when it was there) and always had a warm greeting. The value is excellent for the quality of food and the menu is well balanced. I quess it's just in the wrong place.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Farol wrote:Went to A Tasquinha on Friday evening. Had a really nice meal but we were the only two there all evening. I can't see how Marco could have even covered his cost for the evening and you wonder how long a business can keep going like this.

Never had a bad meal there (or Lagoa when it was there) and always had a warm greeting. The value is excellent for the quality of food and the menu is well balanced. I quess it's just in the wrong place.
That's a shame to hear. Like you we have never had a bad meal at Lagoa or the current restaurant, lunch time or dinner. Lagoa worked well because of it's size and quirky nature of the building and the current restaurant loses that. Even with a number of diners in it can feel a bit soul-less. We will continue to support it though as Marco is such a nice guy!
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Good for you Dave
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

Excellent lunch there on Easter Sunday. Only 1 table for 2 not occupied outdoors, and there was a good few dining indoors too. We have been there when it was quite empty (even when he had entertainment) They are a lovely couple and the food is always good. They cater for wedding party's now too, but it would be nice to see it better supported.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Agree that food is very good and also that the interior of Monte Carvoeiro is quite soul-less. Last time I was there it was dark and "cold", needed brightening up I felt, didn't seem to have any character! But will still visit.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Can anyone confirm if the restaurant still does the excellent fixed price lunch?
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

djprescott wrote:Can anyone confirm if the restaurant still does the excellent fixed price lunch?
€20pp for Sunday lunch last month (Just John was entertainment)

we enjoyed it.