O Indiano.

Bigben
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

O Indiano.

Post by Bigben »

I hope I haven't missed something, but there hasn't been a mention of this great place for some time. I'm writing about the restaurant half way up The Hill on the right. Probably the best Indian food I've tasted - and they will adapt the spiciness to your taste. With experience, we have learned that one serving of pilau rice is enough for two people. When we visited in mid-April this year, we ordered two mixed starters. BIG mistake! They were virtually a main course on their own. Again, one serving is enough as a starter for two. We have only visited 3 times, I think, but the food and service, in our experience, have been excellent.

And it is a popular place. Even in April, the place was full by 7.30. (It is quite small.) Booking essential I expect in high season.
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: O Indiano.

Post by Jaylay »

They closed for a while in the winter for a kitchen refit, but all back to normal now.
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

Still going thank God, we were in not so long ago and it was fantastic as usual. Could barely walk out of the place we were that full. Excellent food and service.
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

Our 20+ visit the best In Indian (Punjabi) food I have had all prepared fresh nice size portion quick service and at a fair price for the strip would highly recommend my last vested May 29th 2015 will be back before winter
Bigben
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Bigben »

Bumping a pretty old thread. We're returning to lovely CVO next week. We have visited O Indiano several times over the last few years and enjoyed the experience. But newer restaurants appear to have sort of overtaken it. I was just wondering what the opinions of CVO regulars are.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

Still the best just edge over the rest vested 26th Sep party of 4 we have tried the others and still return to O India just our opinion.
petejevons21
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by petejevons21 »

We've just got back from CVO had a fantastic time as always , ended up going to O Indiano four times as we love it , definitely our favourite . The men who work there are so helpful , pleasant and efficient and like someone earlier has mentioned you can have the spices as hot/mild as you like. Only downside a disgruntled customer who had ordered a starter he didn't like ( because he hadn't realised what it was ) then caused a fuss in not wanting to pay and not wanting his mains although these had already been cooked , very embarassing and I think a few bevvies had been consumed ! Even one of his friends left as he was embarrassed but to be fair to the people running it they knocked a chunk of money off the bill and the guy had the cheek to take his main with him in a doggy bag ! Never ever have I seen anyone be unhappy with their meal and would definitely recommend and hopefully this idiot hasn't put a bad review on trip advisor