Bistro72

MrsT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Bistro72

Post by MrsT »

Thank you for your welcome Tricky.....................I do enjoy the forum it does have usful info for people visiting Carvoeiro and thats why I decided to add some comments myself. its clear something is going on in the Bistro72, as I park my car along the road by the vets when visiting, and each time I pass they have no customers, which is weird as its really busy in the bar and restaurant a couple of doors along the road. Its a shame because as I say we have had some lovely food in there back in May, I really hope they get their act together soon.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

If you are on holiday or regular visitors one bad meal is enough. With the range and number of restaurants to chose from why would you give anyone a second chance.
Now if the place apologised and gave you a refund or discount then maybe you would reconsider but when did that last happen ??
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by piggywidden93 »

Hi, maybe you think that MRS T has put a naughty swear word in her first post, she says 5 star - she wasnt slagging it off x
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

EMM wrote:If you are on holiday or regular visitors one bad meal is enough. With the range and number of restaurants to chose from why would you give anyone a second chance.
Never had a bad day EMM? - always perfection in your world is it? - if you have visited a place and the food was 5 star as said by the OP but next time is was dire, as said by the OP, which do you choose to be correct? These are people's businesses and their living - disparaging remarks without due consideration can cause tremendous damage. At least do them the courtesy to either go again to see if it was just a bad day or phrase your remarks on here to ask the question as to what others' experiences are without slagging off the restaurant owners and staff. The customer is not always correct (despite the myth) and you never know - you might be a terrible customer!
MrsT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by MrsT »

You are right EMM, if they were a bit more friendly I might of gone back but as they were rude and just very unfriendly, maybe they shouldn't be in the customer service area of work.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

I disgaree Rich, Its my money, my time.
Business particularly anything tourist related is about quality, value and consistency.
They need us we do not need them.
Far too many places just drift along and every once in a while they need a shake up.
How many others have had bad service , not reported it and will no longer go back or suggest it to friends.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

I won't disagree with you EMM that bad service, quality etc should be brought to the fore - what I was saying was that if the place used to be excellent, then a bad day could be a one off. None of us were there when the OP had her "bad" experience, and as she had not posted anything before we have instances in the past where it was malicious. If Bistro72 has gone down the pan and the quality and service is crap, they will soon be found out - one swallow doesn't make a summer etc.

Be nice and give people at least a chance to redeem themselves.
davethegreat
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by davethegreat »

Well said rich, I was in there yesterday and the food and service was excellent.
Sarah56
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Sarah56 »

I have visited this place many times with my family and have always come back, the staff and bistro are always polite and friendly. We were served as soon as we came in. They have a great atmosphere and great value for money. I am ver disappointed in some of the comments in here as my visits have alway be a pleasure. I would advice anyone that is visiting to drop by and see for your self and you will soon become a regular. Today I have day out outside with my family for a meal and a bit of a break from the sun and the staff really helped out with my children's picky tastes nothing was a chore for them so I would recommend this place to anyone and make sure you order there large tostie it's worth dropping by just to see if you can challenge yourself to finish it :)
Sarah56
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Sarah56 »

Just realised it only posted with a one fruit it should be 5 x
snixon
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by snixon »

Davethegreat, are you not the owner of Tiffnays bar in Monte Carvoeiro? I am suprised you are eating at another bar like Bistro72, thats a bit sad.
:P :P :P
snixon
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by snixon »

Sarah, Does your mother work there???? O Dear
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

snixon wrote:Davethegreat, are you not the owner of Tiffnays bar in Monte Carvoeiro? I am suprised you are eating at another bar like Bistro72, thats a bit sad.
:P :P :P
Not married to MrsT by any chance are you? :P
snixon
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by snixon »

Rich
A quick question have you eaten to Bistro72? and no I am not married to Davethegreat...................
Aylesburyduckie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Aylesburyduckie »

Anyone dare to contradict snixon or Mrs T...(I strongly suspect they are one of the same) - prepare for a negative, defensive reply. Just because they had a bad so-called bad experience, doesn't mean that everyone that has a good experience is wrong, or making it up?
Davethegreat, surely he is free to eat wherever he likes? The guy has to eat?
Regarding Sarah - why does there have to be a comment suggesting her mother works there? So what if she does? I have no idea by the way if she does or does not. And don't really care.
Oh..and by the way, snixon, please do not bother to send me another not very nice PM. I clearly am not who you 'think' I am.