Covid 19 Isolation

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Covid 19 Isolation

Post by maccasa »

I am sweating on my flt 1 week today to NOT to be cancelled - Im quite prepared to self isolate for several weeks at my house!!
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Covid 19 Isolation

Post by smudger »

The EU announced it would bring in a ban on travelling on people travelling in and out or within the bloc “for an initial period of 30 days” which could be prolonged. Not sure when being introduced but except sooner rather than later. :(
lharrop
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by lharrop »

Flights to Portugal operated by Jet2 have been cancelled until the end of April

We turned up at Manchester airport this morning for our flight to be told it had just been pulled

Flights are only operating to fly out to bring people home or to get crew members back to their base

Ryanair is following suit offering no fees for changing your flight but confirming you cannot change a flight to travel before 30th April.

Scary times ahead.
Geoff Simcox
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Geoff Simcox »

Hi,

I am due to fly out from Bristol on 7th April with Easy Jet. The flight has not been cancelled. However, the Foreign Office is advising against all non essential travel. Also, the Faro District authorities say that all arrivals must self quarantine for 14 days. Does any body know what that means? I am quite happy to quarantine myself in my villa in Carvoeiro - but clearly, I cannot do so, if there are any restrictions on me travelling there.

Also, "quarantine" implies total isolation - so, who does the shopping!! Is the reality, self isolation rather than self quarantine? Are all the non food shops and bars shut in Carvoeiro, Lagoa and surrounding areas?

Helpful information would be gratefully wecome.

Geoff Simcox
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Geoff,

In my opinion the most sensible thing you can do is stay here in the UK.

I expect your flight will be cancelled anyway within the next few days. Your travel insurance will be null & void due to the Foreign Office warnings and you are endangering your life and other people's by going to the airport, boarding a plane and travelling.

Please follow the advice given and stay at home.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

The only shops open are food and pharmacies and CVO is like a ghost town. The weather is fine - 21c today with blue sky - but in general not, at the moment ideal for your holiday even if you can find a flight.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

The only shops open are food and pharmacies and CVO is like a ghost town. The weather is fine - 21c today with blue sky - but in general not, at the moment ideal for your holiday even if you can find a flight.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Noticed on Easyjet website they have a rescue flight from Faro to Gatwick on 28 March.

On another social media forum, there was a post saying Easyjet flight leaving Gatwick early morning 28 March (think 7am) to Faro, leaving Faro 10.55 back to Gatwick then returning to Faro for a 20.45 departure to Gatwick. Following day flight from Lisbon and flight from Funchal both to Gatwick.
KenC
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by KenC »

The flight is cancelled - they just haven't admitted it yet! If you try to book on the flight it will say none available. Also, if you click on Trips then My Itinerary the only option is Change Flight. I believe this applies to all flights in April.

I think they are not announcing the cancellations in the hope that people will amend rather than get their money back.
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

My understanding is also that if you travel against the Gov advice then you are not eligible for the rescue flights that Easyjet are organising for their travellers that are stranded.

When I checked Easyjet a couple of days ago the only flights from Faro were to Gatwick - all other destinations had been cancelled.

As somebody else said - if you travel against advice then you invalidate any travel insurance.

I also read an article on a Portuguese site that you would have difficulty getting medical help if you needed it.

Car rentals and transfers must also be a problem.

Bottom line is, much as I too would also prefer to be in Portugal as I was scheduled to be, DON'T DO IT!

What part of "STAY AT HOME" don 't you understand?>
mixerman
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by mixerman »

we have a flight booked via easyjet on 31 st march , they cancelled it yesterday , but i can't find any way to get refund . anyone got any ideas ? don't want to change the date ! but don't want EJ to get away with our money !
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Contact your credit card customer service ?
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

As I understand it the only airlines flying UK to/from Faro and Lisbon are BA and TAP. Do not know any more details.
Getting refund also appears to be problematic and advice is that you should get refund eventually, and if you cannot get through to claim refund you can do so later. Airlines are trying to get permission to provide voucher in place of refunds.
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

I had a flt booked with Ryanair for Monday 23rd March - It actually went! but I decided to stay here as the CVO weather didn't look good and with no bars or restaurants it didn't appeal at all. I contacted ryanair - they wouldnt refund as the flt went but offered to rebook - so I am booked for 30th Aug - for an extra £14 - Bargain - just hope I can make it

stay safe all you carvoeirians hope to see u all soon
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

I had a flight booked for the 31st march with Ryanair which was cancelled 10 days ago. I opted for a refund that when I eventually got on to the website is promised in six weeks! They want to keep your money as long as possible