Polishing Stone floors

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Polishing Stone floors

Post by Geoff »

Our interior stone floors are showing signs of wear with scratches and marks. Anyone know if it's possible to buff them up and perhaps remove some of the scratches?
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Polishing Stone floors

Post by sam »

We also need the same. They can be 'polished'. Anyone know someone who provides this service?
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

Stone floors can be polished fairly easily. You can see examples on YouTube. I bought a second hand buffing machine and 3 diamond cutting pads to cut the surface back to a smooth finish . I then polished it up to a bright shine with some yellow powder called Mira Dust. The results I obtained were better than the professional service I used about 10 years ago. The pads and powder cost me about £250 from Tiling and Logistics Ltd in Birmingham and I polished about 90 square metres. I used all the powder but the diamond pads are good for future use. I imagine that you can hire a buffing machine fairly locally.
If you want a professional service there are companies in the Algarve who do this but it can work out quite expensive if the stone needs much work to cut it back before polishing.
davethegreat
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by davethegreat »

: Hi try les at deep clean solutions tel 927726282 done some for me excellent
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Thanks.