SEF forms.

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
idensussex
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

SEF forms.

Post by idensussex »

Evening all. We are relatively new to Carvoeiro and are now renting out our 3 bed Villa during the peak season.

All sorted from the perspective of AL licence etc. We now have our rentals managed by a UK based company with a local manager on the ground in Carvoeiro.

With our first rental of this high season the manager has e mailed me "SEF" forms giving details of the first group of guests. Having read up on this I understand that this is legislation introduced in 2015 to ensure that all visitors to Portugal irrespective of whether they stay in a hotel/Villa etc have to provide personal details (including passport number) within 3 working days of arrival in Pt.

As usual searching various forums there is plenty of conflicting information varying from "don't bother, just typical Portuguese red tape" to "vital you do it - otherwise heavy fines". Our local manager is also unaware of where the forms go - I presume direct to SEF via their online portal but it seems you can only register for this if you have a residence card/number (we are non resident). I've tried the Portimao office of SEF but am getting no answer.

Any ideas anyone ?
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: SEF forms.

Post by Alison »

Yes, we provide this information for all our paying guests. The info goes to Tax Angels, the finance agents/accountants that submit our tax returns and who also send this info re guests to the relevant department. I’m sure someone (Biffa?) will clarify who the form has to go to if you can’t find this out online. The bureaucratic red tape for anyone wanting to rent their property out legitimately is mind boggling. It is not surprising that so many owners have previously ignored it all.

Welcome to Carvoeiro!
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

Have a look at https://siba.sef.pt/. You don't need to be resident to register.
idensussex
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by idensussex »

Richard & Alison, thanks for that, thinks now do seem clearer !

Richard - that siba.sef portal is the one that I had uncovered but it seems you have to give a "residents card/number" to allow registration ?
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

You need the Fiscal Number (NIF) that was used for the AL registration.

Follow the ÁREA RESERVADA link and then Inscrição (both at the top right-ish of the screen) to get to https://siba.sef.pt/s/an/DadosIdentificacao.aspx.
idensussex
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by idensussex »

Great - sorted, thanks for that !