Sending paint from the Uk

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Sending paint from the Uk

Post by shaz1967 »

Hello fellow members
Does anyone know of a courier service that will send paint over from the UK I had some sent over about 7 years ago but that was by road but the person i used has now retired.
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Sending paint from the Uk

Post by John Burgess »

You can try Algarve removles
mixerman
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by mixerman »

why do you need to ship paint from uk ? it is not suited to Portugal temperature .
there are many outlets here better quality and cheaper than bringing stuff over .
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

This could also be a prohibited substance. I agree there is plenty of paint better suited to Algarve climate.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

Pool paint is a fraction of the cost it is over here & so is quality interior paint such Dulux, Crown etc. I had both of the afore mentioned 7 years ago which saved me a lot of money, i realise that exterior paint is a different matter due to the climate as well as the close proximity to the sea thats why i would not bring exterior paint from the UK to use over here.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

I am of the same opinion that paint over here is very expensive & no better quality than the Uk top brands but for the interior as i have no knowledge of how UK exterior paint would perform out here.
malrc
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by malrc »

Seven years ago I would have agreed that Dulux was a good brand but the current Standard range is rubbish. If you try to wash off a mark the paint will wash off too. Only the Eaasycare range is any good and that is much more expensive.

Last year on the advice of a local builder I bought the own brand paint from Maxmat to paint the interior of my house. Admittedly the range is very limited (white or cream) but the results were excellent as was the cost.

http://www.maxmat.pt/pt/produtos/tintas ... 31&pid=157
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

My son is a professional painter & decorator so i take head of his advice whenever im buying paint. last year i used Luxens exterior paint from Le Roy Merlin on my boundry walls on the advice from a painter & up to now it has withstood the test but time will tell i suppose.
mixerman
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by mixerman »

about 5 years ago I used isaval acrylic exterior on my house , it is still looking good , approx. 100 euro's for 15 litres , any good paint store will be able to mix any variation of colour . make sure the surface is well prepared before using any coating !
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

That paint sounds good mixerman i suppose its the old saying "you get what you pay for" !