Problem updating availability calendar

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Problem updating availability calendar

Post by Alison »

Back in June I suddenly found that I couldn't update my availability calendar for our property, advertised on this site. I log in etc as usual but clicking on the availability calendar tab just brings up a blank page. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've emailed Steen (3 times!) about this and received no reply so far. Anyone got any bright ideas?
Steen Jakobsen
Site Admin

Re: Problem updating availability calendar

Post by Steen Jakobsen »

Alison wrote:Back in June I suddenly found that I couldn't update my availability calendar for our property, advertised on this site. I log in etc as usual but clicking on the availability calendar tab just brings up a blank page. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've emailed Steen (3 times!) about this and received no reply so far. Anyone got any bright ideas?
Hi Alison, please excuse the missing response; I thought I had been in contact with all. The problem is caused by a shift to a new server, the site code is too old and quite a task to rewrite, further my developer is on vacation in July.

I had hoped to attract more properties when lowering the price, but this has not been the case - most property owners already have their property on AirBnB or HomeAway and find it too troublesome to maintain two adverts / calendars. Maybe a better solution would be just to link to the owners advert on those sites?
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

I have just attached the owners direct calander to my own house web site is it possiable to do sa on the Cav one ?
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Alison »

Ok, thanks for your reply Steen.

We do have our property on Owner's Direct, despite reservations about the recent changes that they have made to their system and their joining up with HomeAway. Yes, it is a pain having to update two calendars but I wasn't aware that the practice (albeit maybe just the courtesy one) of not quoting competitors did not apply to cvo.com. I now know better!
Steen Jakobsen
Site Admin

Post by Steen Jakobsen »

I believe all the problems has been fixed, please check your advert and let me know if there are any bugs.