I want to rent a Licensed Villa

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
renter

I want to rent a Licensed Villa

Post by renter »

I want to rent a Licenced villa Where do I go??
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

come back in two years.

*edit* pressed submit by accident *edit*

That is probably how long it will take to actually get any number of licences issued - currently there are a number of hrdles that have yet to be jumped before the local authorities are able to issue definitive licences.

Post by Guest »

Gambrinus.
Just saw the licence thing. I rent my property in r/brava about 8 10 weeks of the year. Does this mean I have to apply for a licence to do so?

David.
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

Rocha Brava is a bit different IMO, as the resort has a licence and a 4-star classification which supposedly incorporates the properties within the condominium - but this is something you should address with RB management.
Sylvia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Sylvia »

Hallo Gambrinus,

gilt diese Aussage auch für Eigentümer, die im Condominium von Monte Carvoeiro sind und ihre Immobilie privat vermieten? Infos gibt es hierzu weder von Porterreno noch Carvoeiro Clube.

Herzliche Grüße aus Hamburg
Sylvia
paul Meadows

Post by paul Meadows »

I understand the inspectors have been at Faro Airport to day, asking tourists where ther accomodation is and who they booked it through?
elle

Post by elle »

Something dodgy going on?
How worrying for folk just arriving for a well-earned holiday and then being quizzed about their accommodation!
yakxx
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by yakxx »

Just great for tourism isnt it...........but they have won....I have decided not to rent out my apartment this year for fear of the inspectors........I even cancelled a couple of bookings I already had explaining the situation. My Apartment is now on the market .as I believe are many more for the same reason. Had the authorities put out a paper explaining everything with proceedures etc and given us time to do it we would have done.....but they dont have the administrative ability to do such a simple thing.......
martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

it would be a good idea for someone to find address where the responsible body has its offices....then advise everyone who is asked on arrival to quote that they are staying at that address.....then the inspectors can fine themselves :lol:

Post by Guest »

Re. the inspectors being at Faro airport and reading between the lines here, has this licensing criteria etc. been set up since Hotels and Tourism Authority have reported drop in trade etc?.......seems more than a coincidence to me but thats just my opinion that Hoteliers might have kicked up some trouble and the Govt. is wanting to keep them happy especially as hotels most probably charge higher prices?
martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

what a wicked thing to write...big business and government in cahoots..surely not :lol:
hoppies
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by hoppies »

I'm a bit worried having just read about licences. We are coming to CV on the 16th May and have booked an apartment. Is there a problem with this. How do we know whether it is licensed? I would be devastated if we had to cancel at this late stage.

Post by Guest »

sugggest you write to portuguese embassy re the tourist licence fiasco mention people being fined and being asked questions at airport etc

ask whether it is still safe to come on holiday? that should stir things up!
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

I must admit, not being a villa owner, I haven't read the relevant topic - nor, I suspect, would I actually understand it!

What if the villa owner wasn't to charge and simply let it out to family and friends for free? Would this need a license?

Post by Guest »

The Portuguese Government, I have no doubt are aware that there are many properties that are let in the Algarve which are illegal. They are also aware that many properties and in particular in the Algarve have been either built illegally or added onto illegally and are being rented out. Such construction, therefore not submitted to the local Camara by a qualified engineer who is responsible for all aspects of the construction inclusive of safety. The other factor being if it is not legal of course it is not registered with the respective Government Departments inclusive of the Local Tax Department for such matters as the collection of taxes and rates.

More recently, the Government have also come down hard with Estate Agents who have been running illegally or have been selling property such as mentioned above. I suspect many a purchaser would have been told, that to gain extra revenue that they could let. Bruxinha & Biffa have advised recently, prior to purchasing a property to make sure that you have an "up to date" Caderneta (Tax Document giving exact details of the property, number of rooms, swimming pool, measurement of land and so forth) in order for you to check against what you are being shown is for sale. When you sign your deed make sure if you purchase through Estate Agents that they have their name AMI No on the deed before you sign it, together with the correct amount that you are paying. I personally would never give anyone Power of Attorney, but if you do, ask for a copy of the deed in your native language prior to the deed being signed and don't be put off by someone telling you "oh we don't normally do that out here”. Insist.

If you considering having a property built. Make sure you own the land first and that it has permission from the local council to construct on.
If you are considering using a one man band builder who may have a license as a builder and that he also owns the land, ask him if he is a Ltd Co and to supply you with not only his licence as a builder, but the number of his Limited Company (details of which can be checked) together with his Ltd Company's Insurance Cover.
Find out in whose name the construction has been applied for under, you or your builder and whose name will be displayed on the Aviso Notice, which has to be displayed at the commencement of the project on the site?
Once you purchase a property be it an original, land and then a property built on, in Portugal, you as the owner are ultimately responsible.

The sad thing about all this is that everybody be it a company or an individual acting correctly, or the odd add on to a property, always gets gathered up with all the rest.
As for stopping people at the airport, well I wonder what the EU or perhaps the Human Rights Bill would make of that.

Two of our friends recently returning to their home in the Algarve with their son and wife (the latter 2 for hols) were each asked “are you resident or non-resident” in Portugal. This would seem a breach of EU law and we are still waiting to hear, when Portugal is to drop the present illegal process according to the EU Rules.

Another piece of illegal legislation is the present “roll-over” situation regarding a sale of your “main” residence” in Portugal. Under the EU Law providing the property is within the EU, you can roll over the sale and purchase another property in any of the countries within the EU.
As I understand it Portugal's budget announcement in 2007, is to address this matter, so we can only all keep our fingers cross. Perhaps Biffa or Martin may have more information on this latter point?