THE FORUM

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
bazza
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

THE FORUM

Post by bazza »

I really feel this forum ( although i do not live in Portugal anymore ) but still watch the site needs a good shake up. Input is lacking to say the least, The last post in the job section is July 2019,Your questions answered section 2012 and that is from Steen. Owners and Moderators of this site just look at what Expats Portugal has done with their site since the new owners purchased it from Simon the last owner. I only say this because it used to be the best site for the Algarve and i think it is failing.
Regards
Bazza
martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: THE FORUM

Post by martin »

I agree 100% with Bazza...it was the best site for information and news in the past.
now its very poor and that's being generous
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

This site is in terminal decline.

No need for moderators when there are no contributors.

The Ramblers seem to be the only active participants organising their walks on a regular basis.

Facebook has taken over I think ?
Stevie-C
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Stevie-C »

widge wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:35 am This site is in terminal decline.

No need for moderators when there are no contributors.

The Ramblers seem to be the only active participants organising their walks on a regular basis.

Facebook has taken over I think ?
Got excited there, seen Ramblers and thought the Cranes were back :D :D :D
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Ha Ha, had almost forgotten about Michael and Sharon.

It's been raining in Carvoeiro for several days now and the forecast for Christmas is more rain, thunder and lightening. Best to get the rainfall when us Brits are tucked up in Blighty !
RoyC
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by RoyC »

You are correct - I find it sad that from the lively days of the times up to around 2015 the forum has gone so far downhill.
As one of the earliest members I have tried to stimulate interest by entering some interesting and contentious items from time to time with little response. It appears now to be a dinosaur compared to ex-Pats Portugal and even Michael's facebook group which have a personal active interest from their operator/owners, atractive display (unlike CVO which has hardly changed since day 1), negotiated offers etc.
Steen and the current administrators seem to have lost interest and, although it is easy to blame Covid and Brexit for the fall in tourist visitors, the Forum has missed out in a possibly useful function of bringing residents together.
The final straw for me is no longer being recognised by my long term name of 'roy4eyes' and having to re-register as 'RoyC' to access the (empty and unstaffed ?) Coffee Shop and to post replies.
Perhaps some of the long lost lively members could make a final effort to let us know where they have gone - or the few existing dinosaur spectators can provide the information - so that we can resume the repartee of old.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Well Roy - I'll start the ball rolling.

LICY is alive and well and now living full time in Carvoeiro. I think she uses Facebook but can't be sure as I don't.
jeremy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by jeremy »

Roy & others - I too am alive & well but missing visiting CVO - hope to get to our villa in May for at least 3 weeks - Will try to post more - Cheers all and a Happy & Safe New Year - J
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

If you don't use it, you loose it....at least this forum hasn't seen the rather vicious posts that other social media sites seem to attract , where differing views are a total anathema to some bigots.
Glad that the CVO Ramblers get a favourable mention....I can never understand how walks can get hundreds, if not thousands of viewings, yet only a dozen or so actually walk.....must be a lot of frustrated walkers out there? Hopefully some new ones this year?
RoyC
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by RoyC »

Hi Jeremy - good to hear from you. It is many years since we had a coffee/beer together. We miss your humorous drawings. Perhaps you could do one appropriate to Roy4eyes becoming persona no grata (see mint cordial) since becoming Roynolonger4eyes and having to change to the abbreviated RoyC.