Returning to Portugal?

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Returning to Portugal?

Post by Geoff »

Sounds wonderful.....did you get through Faro OK? did they check locator forms etc?....EZ make a big play about having FFP2 masks, so hope they told that young chap off!
sue2215
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by sue2215 »

On arrival very quick through passport control, we had to show our PCR test results. Printed Passenger locator forms had to be shown on departure at Luton.
Cabin crew said ‘we are not the mask police’! However they did make a further announcement about the wearing of masks and had a discrete word with the man in question.
Lowthian
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Lowthian »

Geoff I have sent you a PM,
Colin.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Looks like from next Monday you can fly into Alicante, no PCR test needed, drive to villa in Portugal, no border check, and fly home from Faro, no isolation or quarantine needed on return to UK.

Makes a complete nonsense of all the green, amber, red status ! :shock:
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

That only works if you stay 10 days in Portugal. Even if you do, I suspect the additional cost of hiring (?) a car in Alicante and returning it to Faro will be higher than a PCR test.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

That only works if you stay 10 days in Portugal. Even if you do, I suspect the additional cost of hiring (?) a car in Alicante and returning it to Faro will be higher than a PCR test.
Probably true Richard but hardly the point !

If you've got Covid and you want to travel then you now can and you can infect others as you do !
Matryx
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Matryx »

I have a ferry booked from Portsmouth to Santander on July 20th, so I’m sure everything will have changed by then anyway, one way or the other. Obviously, we will have to drive through Spain to get back to CVO, so it’ll be interesting to see what the regulations are at that time. Regardless, I cannot wait to get back to my house, and will be staying for my full 90 days all being well 👍
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Hi Matryx, I wish you well on your trip, we are hoping to do the same as you about a month later.

One thing that might change is that Brittany might be opening a route direct to Oporto in the next few weeks?

Another is that UK might change Spain from amber to green status ?

What all us property owners need is a change in the 90 day rule. I think, by my calculation, that if you enter Spain 21st July you have to leave Schengen by 18th October ? The issue is you can't go back to your house in Portugal until 18th April 2022 !

Is that your understanding ?
PhilT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by PhilT »

I've been caught out trying to discuss this previously, but I'm pretty sure it's 90 days in any rolling 180.
A sort of 90 on, 90 off if you like.
That would make the next permissible return date around 17 Jan.
The attached might help.
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/period ... -citizens/
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Correct !

Return 17 Jan 2022 till 16 April 2022
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Apologies - should've used the ready reckoner :oops:
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just when i thought all was sorted...locator forms done, PCR test booked, I see this :
Planned strike action by Portuguese immigration officers from 31 May to 28 June may cause delays. Days and times of strikes vary according to airport location. If you are travelling during this period, check with your airline whether you will be affected and allow more time to clear border control when entering and exiting Portugal.
Fingers crossed for Faro on 1 June!
sue2215
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by sue2215 »

I understand the proposed strike is called off!
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just to say that Express Test are very good...very effecient testing, results in 23 hours....shame about the £80, though it's £59 at LHR
sue2215
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by sue2215 »

Just a warning to allow plenty of time at Faro airport. Chaos here this morning, massive queues at bag drop to check Covid test results & passenger locator forms, a few not having completed theirs. Even if you just have cabin bags you still have to go to bag drop!