Returning to Portugal?

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
KenC
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Returning to Portugal?

Post by KenC »

I can confirm that we had no issues in entering portugal today. In fact, given there was no scanning of the QR code, just a cursory look at the paperwork, I struggle to see how anyone could have an issue with these Indian made batches.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Good to hear Ken, enjoy the sun....unfortunately, we won't be coming out in September now, fingers crossed for November.
polly29
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by polly29 »

Actually, a query about returning to the UK. I'm going back in about 10 days and need a test to fly with Ryanair - I would be interested to hear of any advice (good or bad experiences) regarding test options in the Carvoeiro area. Flying on a Monday which may complicate availability over the weekend?
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

I would be interested to hear of any advice (good or bad experiences) regarding test options in the Carvoeiro area
We used Synlabs in Lagoa (30€) when we were there in June, our daughter used Unilabs which had just opened at top of restaurant hill, 25€ for antigen test, walk in....brand new...my daughter was first customer.....but now you have to book online I believe. No idea if open at weekends. Suggest you book up now! Both were very efficient.
Don't forget to book your Day2 UK test before you do yur UK locator form as you need to input the booking refs...
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

We used Unilabs at the top of restaurant hill last month - at the time they were open every day. Very efficient - results emailed within a couple of hours. You need to book via their central booking telephone number - details are on their web site or there is a number on the side of the Portacabin at the top of restaurant hill. Reliable firm and probably the best price around.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Unilabs also bookable online - very easy.
Open 7 days a week. https://go.unilabs.pt/
Returning to UK: Select Antigen test, then District of Faro, then Carvoeiro Walk thru; choose date and time, pay online with any credit card and Bingo.
polly29
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by polly29 »

Thanks everyone for the info - booked online for next week, cost 25 euros. My mobile is not the best, is there anywhere in Carvoeiro where you can pay to print results, boarding pass etc etc?
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

Thankfully another hurdle removed no more PCR testing on our return to the UK, just in time for our visit early October with the added bonus of not having to wear masks in the street. Let's hope the Portuguese Government will either accept our NHS App as proof or they drop the requirement of a Negative test on arrival. :) :) :)
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

PTBUXTON wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:25 pm Thankfully another hurdle removed no more PCR testing on our return to the UK, just in time for our visit early October with the added bonus of not having to wear masks in the street. Let's hope the Portuguese Government will either accept our NHS App as proof or they drop the requirement of a Negative test on arrival. :) :) :)
My understanding is that it is the fit to fly antigen test for the return flight that has been dropped from early October. The Gov has said they will replace PCR test with Antigen/Lateral Flow Test but not until later in the month - possibly end-Oct even though travel industry wants it for Half-term.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

My understanding is that it is the fit to fly antigen test for the return flight that has been dropped from early October. The Gov has said they will replace PCR test with Antigen/Lateral Flow Test but not until later in the month - possibly end-Oct
I concur, 4 October is the date for scrapping " fit to fly" coming to UK....BBC News site also says :
Mainland Portugal does not yet accept the NHS Covid pass as proof of vaccination. Anyone travelling to the country aged 12 or over must:

show a negative result from a PCR test taken less than 72 hours before you arrive in Portugal, or an approved lateral flow test within 48 hours (you should not use the NHS testing service but arrange to take a private test)
complete a passenger locator card
So, looks like a test to get there & another on Day2 when you get back...if double vaccinated....but will no doubt change again!
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

On the bright side and half glass full, rumour has it NHS Certificate will be accepted from the 30th September. :D :D :D
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

On the bright side and half glass full, rumour has it NHS Certificate will be accepted from the 30th September.
Well, Easjet certainly think its OK , see https://www.easyjet.com/en/covid-19-tra ... quirements
Fully vaccinated passengers

Fully vaccinated passengers are exempt from presenting a COVID-19 test result.

Passengers must present proof of vaccination - The certificate/document may be requested at different points of the trip. They must present proof of vaccination that must comply with Portugal requirements.

To be considered fully vaccinated by Portugal you must comply with the following:

Vaccine types accepted:

Comirnaty™; Pfizer-BioNTech.
COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna.
Vaxzevria; COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca.
COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen.
Vaccination certificates accepted:

EU Digital COVID Certificate or vaccination certificates recognized as equivalent by the European Commission
Please note that vaccination certificates issued in Israel, Panama, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom are considered equivalent to the EU Digital COVID Certificate (EU DCC) by the European Union.
....though I can't see that this is reflected in the UK Govt site...yet!
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just received this: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

No tests now required, NHS Covid pass accepted...just need a locator form...
If you have an NHS COVID Pass or an EU digital COVID vaccination certificate showing you have been fully vaccinated with an EU approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before you travel, or an EU COVID recovery certificate showing you have recovered from COVID-19 no less than 11 days and no more than 180 days of when you are due to travel:

you do not need to have a COVID-19 test to enter Portugal. Be prepared to show a digital or paper copy of your COVID vaccination or recovery certificate when you check-in for your flight,

Hurrah....Easyjet were correct!