Big Will

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Elfie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Big Will

Post by Elfie »

Does anybody know how Big Will is? I heard he had a broken leg after being punched by a drunken Brit and wondered if anyone knew whether this is true?
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Big Will

Post by djprescott »

Hope this is not true but it there does seem to be more trouble happening in there more recently.
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

Sorry to bump this but does anyone have an update on the situation with Will? If this story is true it's a great shame, and there will be a lot of people from a lot of countries sending Will their best wishes.
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

I’ve been here for two weeks, returning home tomorrow. Bumped into Will for the first time last night. Story seems to be that a British or Irish man, known to Will, caused some bother in Roundup. When Will took it up with him outside the bloke turned on him and knocked him down. I was told the chap was pumped up on steroids. Anyway, Will broke his knee but, a few weeks later he had some issues with slurred speech and turned out he’d had a stroke. He seems pretty diminished I’m sorry to say, and was talking about having to take it easy. Very sad - Roundup isn’t everyone’s style, and maybe Will isn’t either, but l’ve enjoyed our occasional visits over the years, and Will always brought a smile.
On another point, the couple who have run the Roundup’s karaoke for some years will be finishing at the end of this season.
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

Like Destroyer very rarely go to Roundup,however the occasions when we visited we have always had a good night.Will never fails to speak to us as we pass by great bloke,we both hope he get's better very soon.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

We were in the Roundup on Thursday night & Wil came in looking ok & he got up on the karaoke etc.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Saw him in Tony’s last week having brunch. Seemed in good form given the chat with his pal and table next to him. When he walked away he seemed to move OK.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Does anyone know if the Roundup Bar has been open this year? I am guessing not with the restrictions.
Elfie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Elfie »

Unfortunately it is still closed.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Elfie wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:31 pm Unfortunately it is still closed.
Thanks for the info.
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by shanagarry »

I have some fond memories of nights in The Roundup during our time in Cvo. It is sad to hear that Will has been assaulted and then suffered a stroke - another setback for such a truly nice guy - who's had more than his fair share of health challenges.

It's 7 years since we've been in Cvo and we're hoping 2021 will offer the opportunity to return with at least one evening at Wills.

We hope the Big Guy makes a quick and full recovery and resumes his perch at the front of The Roundup when we consign Covid into history in 2021.
lharrop
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by lharrop »

Tony & Julie it’s a while since I have been on the forum but so pleased to see your name pop up there when I did
We have lost touch over the years and can’t believe it is 7 years since we sat at your pool and had one of your fab bbq’s. We often pass by your house and always have a chat about you both when we do.
We have moved house from Golfemar to Salicos now so still in love with the Algarve and Carvoeiro in particular.
I hope you are both safe and well wherever you now are living but please get in touch when you venture back to Portugal.
Hugs to you both
Louise & John
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Has anyone seen Big Will around? Is he ok?