Child car seats

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Child car seats

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi. Has anyone else had difficulties in obtaining a high back booster seat with harness supplied with their rental car from Faro Airport? We tried to get one suitable for our 3 and a half year old grandson and was told they only had either baby/toddler seats. Disappointing, since we have used this company for a few years and have always been satisfied with their service. Fortunately. although the boy looked somewhat cramped he's managed to survive the 2 weeks of the holiday. PS Not looking forward to the return transfer tomorrow from Gatwick at what looks to be the busiest time at the start of the Bank Holiday. Tony
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Child car seats

Post by Farol »

It might help other parents if you named the rental firm. Also did you make your requirement clear at the time of booking?
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

I’ve used Algarvedriver/YOR when hiring a car. When our grand children are travelling with us I’m sure we offered the choice of a baby seat, toddler seat or booster seat. Our grand children are 2 and 6 years. When over earlier this month both seats we asked for were perfect for their ages.
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hello Farol,

The car rental company concerned was Zit Auto, who, I'm happy to say have always provided an excellent service.

I have emailed them to ask if it is possible to provide child seats which are grouped in a similar manner to the UK and cover a wider age group, as mentioned by smudger on this topic. I appreciate that a suitable child seat cannot always be governed by a child's age so I wonder if giving their weight might also help in choosing the correct seat.

Tony
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi again Farol,

No sooner had I sent of my previous reply than I had an immediate reply from Zit Auto. Apparently, they only have those 2 types of child seats available and suggested that we took our own in future. Perhaps in a year's time we might have to get another Trunky style booster seat similar to the one that went with us this year for our older granddaughter.

Tony
Eiteews
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Eiteews »

We bought some Halfords 123 essential seats this year and took them with us. About £30 each and we have them for next time. Much cleaner than rental ones too!!