Taste Restuarant

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Lamby
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Taste Restuarant

Post by Lamby »

Hi. Does any know if Taste have moved yet? I heard they were moving close to the top end at the split of the in & out road. We are looking for somewhere to eat Christmas Day. Majas are fully booked. If Taste aren’t opening does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance x
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Taste Restuarant

Post by smudger »

Taste moving to former Troppe beside motorcycle rental shop at top of the out road.
When I was over beginning of November, the new place was still at the "rip out" stage. If you do Facebook then try their Facebook page as may be an update/progress report there.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

When I spoke with them last they were trying to get it all done and operational by mid December. They will let us all know as soon as they can when the opening day will be. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be soon. But like all building projects you are in the lap of the gods.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

Passed by both premises today. Both undergoing a lot of renovation.

The workmen at the ‘old’ Taste appear to getting working on a roof terrace and some walls appear to be being knocked.

The ‘new’ Taste is undergoing a lot of work and it is taking shape but a lot still to do looking at it today.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

It said on Facebook that it will be finished in February. I have asked Nicola for an update, no answer as yet.
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

Orignal estimate was to be open for 20th Dec but cant see that - will be seeing them on 8th Jan so will let you know
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

They will not be open until February, saw Ciprian & Nicola last week.
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

Why have they moved,and what's happening to the old place. This our sixth time here over the Xmas New Year period in the last eleven years and must be the quietest yet.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

PTBUXTON wrote:Why have they moved,and what's happening to the old place. This our sixth time here over the Xmas New Year period in the last eleven years and must be the quietest yet.
The owner of the old building sold it so they had to buy a new place. It is looking good and I can not wait to try it.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

A strange year 2017 - restaurants playing musical chairs, no-one about but no parking spaces on restaurant hill yesterday and a (almost !) Pato free forum in the run up to Christmas.

I cannot wait to get rid of 2017 and wake up tomorrow to the blue skies of a hopefully better 2018.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

roy4eyes wrote:A strange year 2017 - restaurants playing musical chairs, no-one about but no parking spaces on restaurant hill yesterday and a (almost !) Pato free forum in the run up to Christmas.

I cannot wait to get rid of 2017 and wake up tomorrow to the blue skies of a hopefully better 2018.

AMEN to that.