Car hire

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY

Moderators: Gambrinus, e-richard, kteee

destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Car hire

Post by destroyer »

Thank you. Do you have a particular favourite among the Zest suppliers?
Braken
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Braken »

I have used either Drive for Fun or mostly Travel Rent which I think has been "taken over" by LC Rent who I am renting from in September.
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

Much appreciated.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Following posts regarding Zest on here I have just got a comparison quote and it is coming out €400 more than the booking I have with YOR for August. I did book back in January though.
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

djprescott wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:41 pm Following posts regarding Zest on here I have just got a comparison quote and it is coming out €400 more than the booking I have with YOR for August. I did book back in January though.
At the start of the year YOR hadn't put their prices up but have now. Try getting a new quote from YOR for the same details and see how they compare.

I booked a car with YOR at the beginning of the year and when Ryanair changed the time of my flight by 45 minutes I went in and edited my booking. It didn't make any difference to the number of days I had the car for nor any out of hour charges but the 45 min change would have added 200 euros to the booking.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Yes I did have the same issue when I had a change of flight time so i am sure you are right Farol.

They do price match though except in July & August so would be interesting if they matched prices with such a big difference!
Striderman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Striderman »

To be fair to Algarve Driver, I had the same issue as I had to amend the dates of my stay later this month. When I saw that the cost had increased, I contacted them and Steen kindly agreed to stand by the previously quoted rate. :D