Summer 2006 - 9 days

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/vila-nova_map.jpg
*sarah*
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Summer 2006 - 9 days

Post by *sarah* »

We will be arriving at the VilaNova at the end of this month so would like to know what people thought of the place and any recomendations on what to do whilst there thats close or a public transport rides away as we have opted for no hire vehicle whilst there.

tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Hi Sarah
We have an appartment at Vila Nova and cannot rate it too highly.
Its a 10 minute walk into town with a refreshment stop at Monte Carvoeiro
(few bars/restaurants/supermaket) on the way. I must admit that I have never investigated or seen a bus stop, but the local taxi's are cheap and Alex in the reception at Vila Nova will be happy to book one for you. They can also arrange excursions to the local water parks and attractions.
The bar and restaurant at Vila Nova is very good and there is a small shop.
The nearest restaurant is L'Orange a short walk away.
If you need any other information please send me a pm. We are there for most of August so should see you.

Tricky
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

I can back up Tricky's post Sarah..we've had a few holidays at Vila Nova and we enjoyed our stays there. I found it quite a peaceful& relaxing place too and enjoyed walking in the little wilderness nearby.
There is a 'short cut' along the main road there, that brings you down to Carvoeiro, by the postoffice.
Think you will like it..and yes,Alex is nice helpful girl :)
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

The second time we came to the Algarve, we stopped at Vila Nova. It rates as one of the best family holidays we have had.
We always make a point of going there for a meal when we are over in CVO and are always made welcome by Anibal.
The food seved at Vila Nova is as good as anywhere in Carvoeiro and is usually slightly cheaper due to it's location.
Will be going there again in September/October.
Dave