Air conditioning

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/rochabrava_map.jpg
Scotsue

Air conditioning

Post by Scotsue »

Can anyone tell me if we can rent an air conditioning unit at Rocha Brava. Our apartment does not have it, and its an August rental so I would imagine its very hot. Or does it cool down a bit at night, which is really our only concern.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

If you read this months newsletter (link on the home page)
Nigel covers the rental of air conditioning units.

Tricky
woppi
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

What are the standard air con/fan arrangements?

Post by woppi »

We have booked a 2 bedroom apartment in Rocha Brava through Panorama Holidays for the last two weeks of June. The brochure does not explicitly state that the apartments have or have not air conditioning.

I gather from this site that most of the apartments do not. So what do they have? I presume there are fans. If so, are they noisey? Is air con a must have for the last two weeks of June or can one comfortably get by? Would we need to have windows open and fans on all night?

My concern is for my two kids (4yrs and 2 yrs). Will they get a good nights sleep?

Many thanks in advance,

Peter
patwab
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Air Con

Post by patwab »

I find it mildly amusing that we choose to go on holiday somewhere because it's really hot there ...... only to have to cool ourselves down !!
I think it is better for your body to acclimatise to the heat than to go from hot outside to artificially cool in the villa. 8)
If it is a two storey villa, the bedrooms are on the ground floor. Keeping the shutters closed whn the sun is at its strongest will keep the bedrooms relatively cool !! ....... personally I never go there in July or August ...... it's usually TOO HOT !!! :wink:
tomgibson
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by tomgibson »

Hear, Hear. But some people have no choice remember.

Tom Gibson
patwab
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Summer hols ...

Post by patwab »

Tom, very true.... no kids you see so my "summer" holidays are always in May, June, September, October, November ....etc ...you get the picture. I always used to go to Portugal in July/August when I was a kid and never ever remember a problem with sleeping !!!
One week to go ....and I'll be at Rocha Brava ...hooray !
Paul
tomgibson
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by tomgibson »

Lucky you, Paul.

I was out in February for a few days and will be out again early June for some golf and some sunshine before it gets too hot. 10/15 years ago we used to go in July/August because of school holidays and whilst it was hot I can't recall any problems about sleeping.

Have a good trip.

Tom
john
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by john »

We were staying at Rocha Brava from 27th August to 10th September and i can only say 'thank god' the duplex apartment we were staying in had air conditioning as it was certainly needed then.

Julie 8)
bigjomc
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

portable air con

Post by bigjomc »

just a note for anyone requiring portable air conditioning units for the 2008 season , give joe a ring on 282182199 or 960311718 , competitive rates , different outputs depending on your villa / bedroom size, free delivery / uplift . :x :x