Advice Please Rocha Brava

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/rochabrava_map.jpg
Loving Portugal
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Advice Please Rocha Brava

Post by Loving Portugal »

Can anyone please give me a bit of help or an opinion.
We are thinking of buying a house on Rocha Brava. Can any owners old or new give me there opinion on the resort their likes and dislikes? details and views regarding condominium fee would be appreciated- value for money?
Any problems and difficulties I can expect and any tips you can give me?
Many thanks
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Advice Please Rocha Brava

Post by cumbria sue »

Also post your question on properties owners section more people may see it . I am on RB at the moment in my son's property which he has had for about 15 yrs and from our point of view we love it
Mike Banks
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike Banks »

We have had our apartment for 11 years now, and we love being on rocha brava. We have lovely, well-kept gardens and three swimming pools. There is an excellent restaurant on site, and a bar/coffee shop, and at least eight other restaurants and centiannes beach within walking distance. We feel that the condominium charge is reasonable, but obviously we have no knowledge of the charges on any other resorts in the area. If you choose to let your property out through the management company, as we do, when you're not using it yourself, the income will more than offset the condominium charge.
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

We had a quarter share on Atlantic Point for 4 years and loved it so much that we sold it and bought a similar house outright, 12 years ago. We only use it from November to March, and RB let it out for us during summer months. We have always been happy with the management and receive a reasonable income, which covers the maintenance and other running costs. We feel that the maintenance charges are fair for what we receive. Since Holiday Property Bond have taken over the management company we have had the added bonus of Wi-Fi, and they are making a covered swimming pool available to all owners for the winter months.
All in all, we are delighted with Rocha Brava, and the only reason we don't live there is because my wife wants to be there full time, and I just want to live there in the winter. I say, "Go for it!"
Loving Portugal
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Loving Portugal »

thanks to each of you for your response and for taking time in posting ,I appreciate it.
:D
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by madaboutangling »

Hello
Just seen this post. We bought a quarter share in Atlantic Pint three years ago and have been delighted with Rocha Brava in every way. Now bought a second share. Its on Atlantic Pint which is dearer but the unrestricted view of the sea is worth it for us. We think the rates are reasonable too.
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

madaboutangling wrote:Hello
We bought a quarter share in Atlantic Pint three years ago
I'll join you in that pint then, Simon.