The Holiday Property bond

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/rochabrava_map.jpg
kappa
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

The Holiday Property bond

Post by kappa »

Does anybody has information on the Holiday Property Bond who ownes about 48 properties in Rocha Brava? Are they reliable?
Thanks!
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: The Holiday Property bond

Post by dennisg »

I know a number of people who have shares in HPB and they seem happy with them. The properties they own worldwide are apparently all of the highest standard. Whether they are good value, I wouldn't know, as the concept seems more like a glorified time share ownership to me. I believe the shares are held in trust and should therefore be financially safe, but in these troubled times, who knows?
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

Is this the thing that Judith Chalmers used to advertise years ago, I remember getting regular piles of advertising from them and Hapimag, the Swiss based version.
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

EMM wrote:Is this the thing that Judith Chalmers used to advertise years ago, I remember getting regular piles of advertising from them and Hapimag, the Swiss based version.

That's the one.
tomgibson
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by tomgibson »

We have been members of The Holiday Property Bond since 1990 and have no hesitation in thoroughly recommending it to people. Whilst at first glance there may appear to be similarities with time share I can assure that in reality it has no resemblance to timeshare whatsoever.
fmm
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by fmm »

So what is the difference. To me, timeshare is when you "purchase" an amount of time in another property each year. You can't decide on a Friday night to fly to your property over the weekend - although you can arrange swaps etc through the agents.

What is the Holiday Bond?
carolyn
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by carolyn »

We too have been members of HPB since 1985 when it was in its 'infancy', and have been very happy with them.
Look at the web site
http://www.hpb.co.uk/
to see how it works.
You can book properties up to the very last minute if you choose, and are not restricted to just one property at one time of year, but their whole portfolio.

One of the reasons we joined was to give us peace of mind when booking a rental - the properties are immaculately maintained and presented.

They introduced us to CVO - we came to Rocha Brave so often that in the end we decided to buy here for ourselves!