Owner's new website

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/QParaiso.jpg
visit House Owners Association home page http://www.hoa-qdp.org/
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Owner's new website

Post by Alison »

The minutes of the last AGM of the QDP House Owner's Association were awaiting us when we got back from Portugal earlier this week. Besides making interesting reading they also informed us that the House Owner's Association now has a new website + forum - www.hoa-qdp.org. Not sure what was wrong with using this qdp section under the cvo.com site but I will watch with interest!
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Owner's website

Post by Alison »

Have finally got round to registering on the new website but disappointed to find that there isn't a single post on it as yet! So I thought that ought to be remedied and have posted something. Anyone else going to join in?!
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

I'm not sure I can see the need to be honest Alison? We have the QDP forum on this site and owners don't need to advertise their exact location.
Cook Family
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cook Family »

I agree with LB - I'd rather not give my exact location in order to register on the HOA forum.
In reply to your question Alison, we were out last week and the half board guests were still using Trattoria Oliveira for their evening meals. However, I did not find service to be slow in the restaurant at all. The main problem that arose with this was the lack of table space available inside: the evenings were too cool to eat outside but the far end of the restaurant was reserved for the half board guests - whether they showed up or not. This resulted in some customers being turned away or choosing to eat elsewhere when they couldn't get a table inside.
I'm assuming that this arrangement was in place for the early part of the season when guest numbers are lower and will revert back to using the other restaurant for half board guests in high season, but I don't know for sure.
reidda1
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Re: Owner's new website

Post by reidda1 »

[quote="Alison"]The minutes of the last AGM of the QDP House Owner's Association were awaiting us when we got back from Portugal earlier this week. Besides making interesting reading they also informed us that the House Owner's Association now has a new website + forum - www.hoa-qdp.org. Not sure what was wrong with using this qdp section under the cvo.com site but I will watch with interest![/quote

Alison, having been involved in creating the HOA-QDP website and forum I feel there is a misunderstanding about it's purpose. The relevant word here is "Association". In other words the site is specifically directed towards members of the housing Association and not necessarily House owners per se. While everyone is free to browse, to register and post you need to be a member of the Association. Perhaps that point was not made clear enough on the www.hoa-qdp.org website and I will make sure that it is amended accordingly.

The requirement for prefixing the username with house number on the hoaqdp forum is to ensure that only members of the Association be allowed to register. I can see that this might still be an issue for members who wish to remain anonymous and I will take this up with the Association.

To conclude, congratulations on being the first to post and I can't explain the apparent apathy that appears to exist demonstrated by the dearth of input!