Site Admin

Comments posted between 07-07-1999 and 03-12-2002

Post by Steen Jakobsen »

Date:
21-10-02
Time:
16:10:24
Comments
I enjoyed the facilities alot. The animation team this summer were excellent! I miss everyone alot. All my Love Rosie Wilshere villa 119 august 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
01-10-02
Time:
20:06:28
Comments
I have just had a quick read of this message board as I am wondering whether to try for a weeks exchange through II. I hear talk of private villas and First Choice & the club itself letting accomodation. Does anyone know where the II exchanges tend to come from and the standard. Kathy kathy.hey@ntlworld.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
23-09-02
Time:
14:38:00
Comments
We are looking for a villa/apartment 2 or 3 bedrooms for the period 21 July 2003 2 weeks 4 persons. Max. weekprice 1100 Euro. Joke Polet: poletnatuursteen@wxs.nl

Date:
12-09-02
Time:
12:50:30
Comments
Re looking for a private villa to rent.

Three bed, two bathroom with private pool and garden. Full sky tv. 10 min walk to town/beach.

email qdp55a@hotmail.com

Date:
10-09-02
Time:
21:21:55
Comments
If you are booking a villa go through the private rentals. Much better service than Paraiso itself.

Date:
10-09-02
Time:
18:32:29
Comments
Carvoeiro beach is a ten-twenty min walk depending on where you are on the complex.

Date:
05-09-02
Time:
20:27:01
Comments
answer to noise question... disco (with extremely small collection of records - mostly Kylie & DJ Otzi) is not intrusive and always finished by midnight

Date:
05-09-02
Time:
12:52:43
Comments
how far is the complex from the main carvoeiro beach?

Date:
04-09-02
Time:
21:51:59
Comments
We are thinking of booking one of the villa's next summer. How noisy is the Quinta da Paraiso at night? We have just returned from a holiday in Turkey where loud music was played by the hotel that we stayed in until around 3am.When we go on our next holiday we would like to be able to sleep at night.

Date:
01-09-02
Time:
13:55:41
Comments
Just back from spending an excellent two weeks at the Quinta. The animation crew were brilliant and I miss them all loads. Desperate to go back next year.

Date:
25-08-02
Time:
19:09:11
Comments
Just returned: rented a "cluster house" thru Algarvillas - clean, comfortable, good value - what more do you want? Pools were clean and warm, always managed to find a sunbed. Avoid the buffet restaurant on site (it's cheaper & better to eat elsewhere). Great holiday.

Date:
10-08-02
Time:
18:16:14
Comments
One man's paradise is another man's .....! Forewarned is forearmed!

Date:
09-08-02
Time:
20:01:38
Comments
It just seemssuch a shame that these days all people go on holiday for is to complain and try to gain money back-people just don´t know how to enjoy themselves anymore. I for one have taken my family to Paraiso for the last three years and always had an excellent holiday. The staff, especially reception, are some of the friendliest and helpful I have come accross. Don´t let one or two misery guts influence you until you have enjoyed Paraiso for yourself!

Date:
08-08-02
Time:
11:53:05
Comments
I go to the quinta since i was 3 years old. my grandma has got a house in the complex of her own.it's not big or modern but i like it that way. Every holiday was relaxing and amusing. I love Quinte Do Paraiso the way it is.

Date:
25-07-02
Time:
18:31:36
Comments
Thanks for the advice. I suppose we were daft to think that First Choice would be ok but the Paraiso Club looked so nice. It was only after we booked that we found the Carvoeiro web site. We actually paid close to double the amount you quoted - an expensive lesson indeed!! We are currently in communication with First Choice re: compensation.

Date:
25-07-02
Time:
14:15:59
Comments
To M.McGuigan..As a house owner on Qdp, I have to say what do you expect if you book with First Choice holidays. They are the worst and chaepest holiday co. in uk and I wouldn't go near them with a barge pole, don't you ever watch holiday programmes on TV where First choice has the most amount of complaints. When you think I have a 2 bedroom house with Tv, stereo,new kitchen and b athroom,own garden and roof terrace, and at the time you went the cost would have been £300p.w so for 2 weeks-£600 + Go flights at £115 each- total- £830 -I bet you paid more than that with FC! and if 4 of you had gone in my place the cost would have been around £265pp..just think about that next year...tony,foxwell1@virgin.net

Date:
23-07-02
Time:
17:56:10
Comments
3 bed 2 bathroom villa with private pool on Quinta Do Paraiso available 1 week from 1 aug, any reasonable bid considered!

qdp55a@hotmail.com

Date:
16-07-02
Time:
22:40:15
Comments
Sorry to hear of someones bad experience.

I have heard the Complex own accomodation and management are not too great, but the privately owned Villas are brilliant.

I have stayed in several Villas (privately owned), managed by the De Roos family and always had a great time.

The complex pool and bar areas were really good and the complex itself is great for town but has everything if you don't fancy going into Carvoeiro.

Date:
14-07-02
Time:
18:58:59
Comments
Re: the bad experience at Paraiso. The apartment we had was on the ground floor in the apex of the D block. It was dark and damp with no natural sunlight. When we arrived the boiler had leaked all over the floor, the lights did not work. As we were in the apex of the block our view was either of the apartment the other side of the apex or the brick wall of the adjoining apartment. The furniture was akin to a 1950's old people's home and cutting across the living space was a bar which was totally out of place. In addition our outside wall formed the tunnel to link the gardens with the top road of Paraiso, every footstep was echoed and it also meant that when we did try to sit on the terrace that was approx 3ft wide we had a constant stream of people, it was like living on the road. To add to that we had a dog barking incessantly in the private villa across the road and an obnoxious owner who was rude and aggressive to my partner.

Paraiso would not help in any way. The reception staff we encountered were extremely rude and ignorant. We decided to act ourselves in order to salvage our much looked forward to holiday.

I am pleased you had a good time. For us Paraiso leaves a very bitter aftertaste!!

Date:
13-07-02
Time:
22:50:35
Comments
We have just returned from a fantastic two weeks at Quinta. We had a private villa with pool, which was great. We found the complex very good. The children enjoyed the playpark and mini golf, we found the pizzaria excellent, there was a shuttle bus to the village, and we liked the fact that the complex was well established and not brand new.

Next year we are considering a villa with pool and apartment if we go with additional family.

To the couple who found the apartments terrible and moved to a villa please could you tell us why. Thank, you.

Date:
08-07-02
Time:
18:22:19
Comments
Just returned from a 2 week holiday in Carvoeiro. We had booked with First Choice to stay at Paraiso but the standard of accommodation was appalling !!! We moved ourselves to a private villa which was fantastic and saved our sanity. If you have booked an apartment make sure it is not D11 before you go! With regard to the rest of Paraiso I cannot think of one good thing to say so I shall not say anything except it is like a well known holiday park in Britain on a very bad day!!

M. McGuigan - Liverpool

Date:
19-05-02
Time:
21:46:39
Comments
had a great time july 2001 had an apartment which was also great. just booked a private villa for 2002 (villa atlantico) looks great. ps.i love the word great....

Sue & Steve Liverpool

Date:
17-04-02
Time:
18:30:28
Comments
I just came back from Quinto do Paraiso yesterday! I had a lovely holiday theres and the villa was very nice! The people at reception were also very friendly. The restaurants were very good! The Pizzariso was lovely! The waiters/waitresses were also very friendly and efficient! I would love to go back there again and recommend it to anyone whos thinking of a nice relaxing holiday. There is also a huge amount of entertainment and sports complexes so it is great! hope to see you soon! THANK YOU!

Date:
16-10-01
Time:
22:27:57
Comments
Just want to say we had a great holiday last week. A little bit of rain, but that good not spoil the good fun. And the great villa we had with the private swimming pool. A good suggestion: visit the zoomarine where you can also have a session with the dolphin (20.000 esc) but it is well worth it!! A great restaurant: la latherna velha.

Denise and family from Holland

Date:
28-07-01
Time:
19:29:26
Comments
It was really fantastic!!! Beautyful weather, nice bungalo and Giogio (the dj) was very nice! I hope there is anyone who made a picture of him, if u did please contact me at cyrilledeuze@hotmail.com My camera was defect so I couldn't make a pic of him. I will be very happy with a pic!!! Thanks a lot,..

Date:
23-07-01
Time:
15:32:41
Comments
We've been here the first 2 weeks of july. Perfect bungalows, nice swimmingpools, entertainment. Al lot of dutch people. It's only a shame that they fired the waiter Enrique. He is en was the best there, so now you have to wait even longer for your drinks in the evening.

Frank & Bianca Holland

Date:
18-06-01
Time:
18:45:55
Comments
Stayed here last year, coming back again on Thursday, can't wait!

Nicky & Steve

Date:
14-03-01
Time:
21:02:03
Comments
love the quinta, come back year after year stayed at lovely 3 bed villa c44 run by de Roos managment at No 50 . Fantastic villa all luxuries. Many thanks to Mark and Sharon owners, highly recommended

Date:
11-03-01
Time:
19:33:45
Comments
We have been going for the last 6/7 years and it is great.

Date:
03-01-01
Time:
13:25:35
Comments
is het ook leuk voor kinderen (2,5 jaar)

Date:
05-10-00
Time:
17:03:44
Comments
saudades da quinta fernando====== f.de.sousa@yucom.be

Date:
08-07-00
Time:
16:41:19
Comments
just had 2 weeks @ c40 it was brill love the people will be back

peter & charmaine

Date:
07-08-99
Time:
16:03:03
Comments
We have just returned home from a FANTASTIC holiday in Carvoeiro. With compliments to Quinta do Paraiso Country club and the Qualitative Restaurants; Stone Steak, O Cantinho and O Chefe Antonio.

Theo Mickers The Netherlands Mickerst@ibmail.nl