Carvoeiro view from satelite !

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: Our Quinta is in Lombos, just off the 125 between the International school and Benagil, can anyone get a good picture of that area and send to me? pm me if it is possible as I just cant get the Google earth site to work. Thanks :lol:
Günni
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Günni »

you got mail :D
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: Thanks Gunni, as you know I checked my mail and have printed out the one you sent me.

But believe it or not, I now can get it to work, completely uninstalled it and then re installed and I can now get it to work!!! It is great, I have now been able to look at all the area around our house, it is amazing that there is so much space.......you just don't see it normally.

Thanks again Gunni for all your help though :lol: Have a good trip to cvo
DELASOUL
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by DELASOUL »

The "tag" for Silves is in the wrong place, or is the vino collapso stronger today :?:
Bruxinha
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Bruxinha »

DELASOUL wrote:The "tag" for Silves is in the wrong place, or is the vino collapso stronger today :?:
No, I just had it moved to disorientate people so they couldn't see me skinny dipping in the pool :shock: :wink:
DELASOUL
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by DELASOUL »

Get goin to fatbusters queen, I mean imagine still being spotted by big bruv, or was :lol: it the sun glintin of a white bum!
Bruxinha
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Bruxinha »

Hmmm...fat isn't a word most people would use to describe me, so it must have been the latter :lol:
Googly

Post by Googly »

The software for attaching names is not yet able to cope with changes of angle etc. Details are on Google Earth

Post by Guest »

Google earth seems to take up a lot of some peoples time .
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/14 ... n_results/

Cowboy, check out the B-17 story on page 9.
Johnny Boy
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Johnny Boy »

Can you get Lagos on this site? :?
cowboy
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by cowboy »

Anonymous wrote:Google earth seems to take up a lot of some peoples time .
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/14 ... n_results/

Cowboy, check out the B-17 story on page 9.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Milwaukie, Oregon - only in America can you beat a B-17 into a gas station.

Shortly after WWII a guy named Art Lacey (he had a British wife) went to Kansas to buy a surplus B-17. His idea was to fly it back to Oregon, jack it up in the air and make a gas station out of it. He paid $15,000 for it. He asked which one was his and they said take whichever you want because there were miles of them. He didn't know how to fly a 4 engine airplane so he read the manual while he taxied around by himself. They said he couldn't take off alone so he put a mannequin in the co-pilot's seat and off he went.

He flew around a bit to get the feel of it and when he went to land he realized he needed a co-pilot to lower the landing gear. He crashed and totaled his plane and another on the ground. They wrote them both off as "wind damaged" and told him to pick out another. He talked a friend into being his co-pilot and off they went.

They flew to Palm Springs where Lacey wrote a hot check for gas then they headed for Oregon. They hit a snow storm and couldn't find their way so they went down below 1,000 feet and followed the railroad tracks. His partner sat in the nose section and would yell, "TUNNEL" when he saw one and Lacey would climb over the mountain.

They landed safely, he made good the hot check he wrote, and they started getting permits to move a B-17 on the state highway. The highway department repeatedly denied his permit and fought him tooth and nail for a long time so late one Saturday night he just moved it himself. He got a $10 ticket from the police for having too wide a load.
nightrider

Post by nightrider »

The police would have to catch me first to give me a ticket

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Nightrider :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johnny Boy
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Johnny Boy »

Hi there Cowboy thats a great story. That mate of his must have had some gutts to be his co-pilot. I sh*t my self flying a cesnor 152 never mind a B-17. :shock:
nightrider

Post by nightrider »

URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL NIGHTRIDERS:-

Keep below speed of light around Carvoeiro and Silves..it would seem to many slow Sunday flyers. :lol: :wink: