Pedra Grande

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Pedra Grande

Post by destroyer »

Looking to rent a newish two bed at Pedra Grande in October. Looks very nice. Gather its about a 20 minute stroll to CVO. Quite acceptable but can anyone tell me what is in the immediate vicinity - bars, etc.? Or indeed comment in any other way on Pedra Grande? Thank you.
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Pedra Grande

Post by biffa »

I think this is the place just past Julios on the right before you get to Rocha Brava.

I would think a good 20 mins to centre and a bit more back as it is more uphill.

Nearby is Julios, the restaurant and RB Cafe at Rocha Brava, other shops bars and restaurants on the Centianes Algavesol complex which is close by.

9 hole golf course close by with clubhouse restaurant and bar and Centianes beach just down the road.
Bruxinha
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Bruxinha »

My friends have an apartment in Pedra Grande. The apartments are very nice and spacious. However, they are a lot further out of town than a 20 minute stroll. I think my friend's mum, who is a keen walker used to do the downward journey in 40 minutes approx. She always got a taxi back up, as a long climb otherwise and you would probably have to add more time to the walk. The apartments are close to Rocha Brava complex, which has various facilties, including café, mini market and restaurants and there is a restaurant opposite called Julio's and the Vale do Milho golf club is around the corner, which has a bar and restaurant. Hope that helps.
Bruxinha
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Bruxinha »

Hi again Destroyer. I just sent an e-mail to my friend to confirm the distance for you and she happened to be online. She said the apartments are about 3.5km from the town centre and she thought her mum did the downward journey in about 30 minutes and the upward (when she rarely did it) in about 40 minutes. I suppose it all depends what one person's stroll is to another's but she said there is also a bus stop about 100m away.

Post by Guest »

Thank you both. Above and beyond, Bruxhina! We'll have a car but clearly this impacts on the driver's enjoyment potential. As I'm the driver this is on the agenda for me. However, thirst assisted downhill amble and taxi back would seem a workable approach. I like the look of the apartments so I think its a goer.