Children

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
monica

Children

Post by monica »

Can anyone reccomend child friendly restaurants in Carvoeiro - our age ranges of our children are 11, 9 and 3

THANKS

Monica :D
Graham
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Graham »

All restaurants in Carvoeiro are, in my opinion, child friendly. (the total opposite of all restaurants in the UK!)

However, the restaurants at Monte Carvoeiro are particularly good because they are set around a pedestrian square with small fountain, which can be overlooked by many of the tables. Therefore when the kids have finished eating(usually long before we have) they are able to run around and play with other Children in a safe, traffic free environment, rather than being stuck at the table with the grown ups.

In my opinion the 'Wolf' restaurant offers superb food and is only too happy to cook something that appeals to younger tastes, even though it is not on the menu, and the Stone Steak is also good (and very popular) for a slightly less formal setting.

Wherever you go you are sure of a warm welcome, which is one of the reasons so many of us with families that like eating out come back to Carvoeiro so often.

Have fun

Graham

P.S. I understand that there is a new childrens play centre on the road from Seismeras to Ferragudo - the type that has an indoor, multi level padded play zone with swings, slides, ball ponds etc which my three year old loves in the UK, and will be most welcome on the occasional rainy day.

Does anyone have any more info on this (like does it also have outdoor activities etc? :lol:

Thanks
allocj
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Monte Carvoeiro

Post by allocj »

Graham,

Can you tell me where Monte Carvoeiro is, I've been to Carvoeiro a few times but am not sure where this is.

Thanks

Jason

Post by Guest »

Getting to Monte Carvoeiro all depends on where you are starting from and how you are travelling :roll: , but if you were in the square facing the beach and headed up the narrow cliff road to your right you would come across a junction at the very top of the hill. If you turn right and travel about 300 metres you will find one of the entrances to the square

There are other entrances to the square, and I am sure that you will be able to get better directions than I have given, and if all else fails just ask a local!

I believe that it is about a ten/fifteen minute (uphill) walk from the beach, and probable much faster downhill home!
danandsam
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

children friendly

Post by danandsam »

monte carvoeiro is only a two minute walk up the hill, and 30 secs in a car or taxi. we have a bar/restaurant just outside the main square, with grass areas, pool table and table football. it is a very child friendly area, and children can either play on the area around the bar, or play a bit in the square. there are nearly always other children about as well. :shock: you wont believe how long you can 'misplace' the children for!!
hungry

child friendly

Post by hungry »

Hi Monica,

We love going to Casa Algarvia which is up Restaurant Hill on the left if you are walking up from Smilers. Both are very child friendly!!! So much so that my kids always want to go to there. Always excellent meals at Algarvia but it does tend to get very busy so we always make sure we get there early to guarantee ourselves a table.

Have a wonderful holiday - we are counting down the days until we return in September. 8)
PlayOasis

Child friendly restaurants

Post by PlayOasis »

PlayOasis is a snack bar with childs menu and vegetarian options and has a soft play facility so that you can relax whilst your children play. Air conditioned and set in lovely rural countryside you will find us on the road from Carvoeiro to Ferragudo or call us on 282 461122 email Playoasis@clix.pt. Open 1100-2000.
Also highly recommended in the heart of Carvoeiro is Flamingo, a friendly family restaurant with pool and relaxing ambience. An innovative menu their highly qualified chef can always deal with most requests. 282 356066 open from 1800-2400.[quote][/quote]
cesare
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Re: Monte Carvoeiro

Post by cesare »

allocj wrote:Graham,

Can you tell me where Monte Carvoeiro is, I've been to Carvoeiro a few times but am not sure where this is.

Thanks

J :D ason
:D Monte?Best place to be .if u r right in front of the beach just up the hill to your right.there many signs to follow.