Carvoeiro in October

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Carvoeiro in October

Post by Tony Knight »

Good morning,

We have been coming to Carvoeiro for a number of years in August, during the peak holiday season. However, some relatives of ours, including 3 young children, will be spending a week in Carvoeiro in the middle of October (school half-term week). Can somebody let me know if the normal attractions, such as the land train, music in the square and the vast number of eating places will still be available.

Many thanks.

Tony
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Carvoeiro in October

Post by smudger »

I was there October 2019, pretty sure every restaurant open and train running until end of month.
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

october has always been good everything still open a little easy to get dinner at night and the weather has always been good
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

We often visit in mid October and have never had problems with restaurants being closed. Weather's usually pretty good. The music in the square comes to an end at the end of the main season - I think in September
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi. Many thanks to those contributors who replied to my query regarding functions in Carvoeiro in October. I'm sure, like us, our relatives are looking forward to spending time in Carvoeiro.

Tony
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

First time we cameto CVO in October we had 7 days of unbroken blue sky, so the following year when we saw a special offer of 10 days for the price of 7 we naturally took it. It rained continually for 9 of the 10 days and so heavy that the garden of our villa in Areas dos Moinhos was washed into the road. Moral of our story - don't take a special offer in October ?
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

I don’t mind the rain in CVO, usually freshens everything up and it’s a lot warmer than the rain we get here in Scotland!
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

Hi Tony,most of the restaurants will still be open,the land train not sure.The music in the Square I think will have finished by then end of September I may be wrong.The weather should be warm 22/26c so your relatives should have a great time.
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi BTBUXTON,

Many thanks for the information regarding activities in October. A pity that the land train and the entertainment in the square may well have finished for the season. However, I'm sure that our relatives will find plenty of other activities in Carvoeiro and the surrounding area to keep them occupied.

Tony