Carhire

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Carhire

Post by Geoff »

WHY ?? :roll:
Can only assume that taking the card out is the equivalent of turning off the ignition, which one does when filling up with petrol. But I , and no doubt others, just turned the engine off & left the card in, assuming that would be alright!

Too clever by half!.....as is the fact that on the Clio, you can only turn the engine off when the card is in ; I have been known to take the card out, think i have turned the engine off and only realised i haven't when you fail to lock the doors...the engine being so quiet on tick-over, you think its off!
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

That happened to me too, removed the card but the engine remained on. Good for keeping the brain ticking over though, you have to actually think about it now and again . Maybe that was on the Renault spec, design a car that makes drivers think :)
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

Geoff wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:47 am Totally agree about insurance for car hire...it's about £40 pa for european cover. We had to claim twice (not our faults!) and payment was swift...you need to have a lot of paperwork but payment from them came before the credit card payment was made.
I had reason to claim from insurance4carhire after our recent visit and while it took over two weeks to round up the evidence and documents in preparation, the claim was agreed in full and the money in my account in less than 48 hours from emailing the claim.
Algarve Eagle
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Algarve Eagle »

Yes, I too have positive experiences with insurance4carhire.

I have made two claims (once my fault, once not) and payout was very quick once the documentary evidence was submitted.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

I have also had good service from insurance4carhire when I had a damaged Tyre, they paid me back within a week of me finding out about the damage.
cnljscott
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by cnljscott »

I can also add to the positive reviews of insurance4carhire. I paid the garage in cash (but had a receipted invoice) and they did not balk at paying my claim.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

Insurance4car hire are an excellent company to use & I would highly recommend them.