Christmas Visit

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Christmas Visit

Post by algarve123 »

Hi everyone. Just looking for a bit of advice.

We are booking to come over around Christmas time for a week and are torn between the week before Christmas or the week after (that would include New Years eve and day). We have been over in December before but not that close to Christmas so wondered if there would be any big pros or cons when comparing the week before it or after it.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
mug
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Christmas Visit

Post by mug »

My experience is that theres plenty going on in and around Carvoeiro in the build up to Christmas. And the flights tend to be cheaper. We returned to UK last Christmas eve at 10.15 for £6 each.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

I have been over in CVO for Christmas for the last 5 years and there is plenty going on.
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

mug wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:30 pm My experience is that theres plenty going on in and around Carvoeiro in the build up to Christmas. And the flights tend to be cheaper. We returned to UK last Christmas eve at 10.15 for £6 each.
Thank you very much for your reply. We went ahead and booked the week leading into Christmas...didnt manage to get as good a deal on the flights though :D

Thanks again, much appreciated!
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

logicbob wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:57 am I have been over in CVO for Christmas for the last 5 years and there is plenty going on.
Thanks for your reply. We are looking forward to it!