DECADE Walk 5 March 2019 ; Western Funcho. CLOSED

The ad hoc walking group
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

DECADE Walk 5 March 2019 ; Western Funcho. CLOSED

Post by Geoff »

Walk is now closed as we have enough people.

A walk to celebrate (almost) a decade of CVO Ramblers : our first walk was on Thursday 12 March 2019...no coffees, no beers, no lunch, no photos. Just Sue & I with Caroline and Jerret, see :

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=15588

As we aren't here to walk on 12 March 2019, this will be a (slightly) early celebration!

A lovely walk by the Western Barragem do Funcho. Most of it is flat(ish) but perhaps 20% is hilly.....nothing too severe, but it probably merits a "3" category for that part.

Start : 10.00

Duration :about 2 hours 30 mins.

Optional lunch at De Silva. Cost is about 8.5€ but charge will be 10€ to include tip & charity contribution.

Degree of difficulty ( scale 1:5) : 3, energetic for 20%, 1, easy for 80%.

Dogs. Dogs are allowed as long as they are under control and are quiet.

Directions : drive from CVO to Silves, go over the bridge and turn right and follow the N124 for about 7 kms until you see a turning on the left signposted "Barragem do Arade 3 kms".......the signpost is in a small triangular traffic island, which has a large palm tree on it.

It may be easier to meet here at 09:25.....the start of the walk is another 10 minutes drive away.

If you want to meet at the start of the walk itself, then drive in the direction of the Barragem for 1km when there is a cafe on the left ( A Rainha): turn right, signposted Canestros and Gregorios.

Drive through both Canestros and Gregarios for 3kms then make a sharp left turn, almost doubling back on yourself.

Drive for 2kms until you come to a T junction at the top of the hill, turn left for cafe Silva and it is immediately on the left. Please note, it doesn't actually have a name outside, but there is a big Delta Coffee sign.

Map ref : 37.246894 N, 8.355795W

Usual caveats - all walks are at your own risk, and we do not walk if it is pouring with rain.....I will endeavour to put any cancellation note on this site by 0830 on the day of the walk.

Please advise if you are intending to come, and whether you want lunch and whether you wish to meet at the N124 turn-off or at the cafe.

Due to the recent increase in numbers, I am limiting this walk to a max of c20 people.

Any questions , please ask or ring 282 380015 preferably between 1800-1900 or before 0900.
Dafmie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Walk 5 March 2019 ; Western Funcho

Post by Dafmie »

Hi Geoff

Yes please for David and Mieke. Thanks.
frankiva
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by frankiva »

Frank and Iva would like to both the walk and lunch.
MikeAlmond
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by MikeAlmond »

Walk and lunch please Geoff

Thanks

Mike
Wendywoo
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Wendywoo »

Hi
Please include us for the walk, no lunch
Jen, Steve and I
Cheers
Wendy
Barb Thatcher
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Barb Thatcher »

Barb and Terry would like to join the walk and lunch.
MacAlpine
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by MacAlpine »

Rod and Gail for walk and lunch please.
Lowthian
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Lowthian »

Please include Colin & Sharon for the walk lunch.
Thanks, Colin.
dgmtpr
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by dgmtpr »

Dan and Trudy for walk & lunch, thanks
janetandjohn
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by janetandjohn »

Yes please Geoff, Walk and lunch, JanetandJohn
Linda and Russell
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Linda and Russell »

Please add Linda and Russell for both the walk and lunch. Thanks
KBB
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by KBB »

Hi
Please count Caroline and me in. Looking forward to it.
Kind regards
Karen
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

.....and Jerry & Della..and Carol & Willie....and Isabel...but walk is now closed.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: DECADE Walk 5 March 2019 ; Western Funcho. CLOSED

Post by Geoff »

Hi all

I have sent the following to all, hopefully....

Well, the Good News for the Decade Walk is that the restaurant is open despite of Carnival and they can cope with our numbers, though it would be helpful if we can state at coffee time what we all want. so please advise me by monday your choices from :

Lamb Stew.............................................................12€ but with tip and charity contribution, say 14€
Rice & duck............................................................10€ """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""12€
Javali ( wild boar ) stew...........................................12€"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""14€
Baccalau com nantes ( cod in a creamy sauce).....10€"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""12€

It would be very helpful if people would please bring the correct money on the day.

The Bad News is that a field that we normally walk through has been ploughed up, necessitating another half km on the road. Additionally, Sue has broken her wrist, and will be taking a gentler walk in reverse direction....one or two might like to join her?

The Worse News is that a rain shower is threatened. Unless it's pouring early in the morning, we will probably still walk, but look out for any announcement on the forum. As it is the Decade Walk however, it might still be sociable to meet up there for lunch, even if the weather is a tad inclement. Will you please indicate in your menu responses whether you will be coming for lunch, regardless of the weather ....lunch is reserved for 1pm so you would need to be there by 1230 for a drink!

Thanks

Geoff
Isabel Varandas
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: DECADE Walk 5 March 2019 ; Western Funcho. CLOSED

Post by Isabel Varandas »

Sorry to hear that Sue is not well.If we dont walk I would like to join you for lunch. I wish to have lamb. Hopefully will se you at the barragem sign at 9.25.
All the best
Isabel