Car Rental

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
greenpooble
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Car Rental

Post by greenpooble »

Hi there!

Looking to rent a car for 10 days in October. Preferable from Faro airport, but could be locally in Carvoeiro also!

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced car rental company that are not a bunch of criminals?

Thanks
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Car Rental

Post by logicbob »

Look no further than the first page of this website Algarvedriver rentals.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

logicbob wrote:Look no further than the first page of this website Algarvedriver rentals.

Agree! Been using them for years and if a regular visitor you gain loyalty days that can go towards car rental in off-season. 3 times car hire has cost me nothing! :D
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

Best one is travelrent. Been renting since 2002. Found they have the best price, but why don't you ask both? Carhire@travelrent.pt just email and ask. I hired a larger car for my brother 7-16 October, includes €20 for tolls, €15 airport tax globally €150. That should now get you a better price from YOR (Algarvrdriver). A clio size car probably would be quite a bit less, but they needed a large boot. I would say if you can get a standard Clio for an inclusive price of €130 that is good. You can collect from airport but some are off campus which we find a pain.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

LICY wrote:Best one is travelrent. Been renting since 2002. Found they have the best price, but why don't you ask both? Carhire@travelrent.pt just email and ask. I hired a larger car for my brother 7-16 October, includes €20 for tolls, €15 airport tax globally €150. That should now get you a better price from YOR (Algarvrdriver). A clio size car probably would be quite a bit less, but they needed a large boot. I would say if you can get a standard Clio for an inclusive price of €130 that is good. You can collect from airport but some are off campus which we find a pain.

It is always best to get two or three quotations and choose the one you like.
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

I nearly always use Algarvedriver/YOR. On a couple of occassions I have gone elsewhere including Travelrent and always regretted it. A few euros saving may be had elsewhere but the last time I rented from Travelrent I had to reject the car because the tyres were bald. Some firms also subject you to stupid checks when you return the car finding blemishes that have been there for ages or subject you to unfair fuel policies.

I know it's a matter of choice but in 15 years I have never had cause to complain about the service from Algarvedriver/YOR.

Other than in July & August Steen (Algarvedriver) will price match but understandably you then might not get the loyalty bonus. The bonus generally gives me a free week every year - worth it for regular customers but of little interest to once off customers.
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

Try Zest (previously Economy Car Hire)
Gerry Cullen
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Gerry Cullen »

Hi, have to agree about Algarvedriver, using them for years and never had a problem but if you want to compare try Zitauto. They are the same kind of deal but they also offer zero excess, you might also find yourself waiting an hour or more for the car to arrive which can be a pain if you arrive late and hoping to make it in time for a meal.
BarryTodd
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by BarryTodd »

Been using Algarve Driver for many years now without a blemish. Using their price match guarantee I recently got a reduction of 65% off their listed price. Even I felt guilty booking it
Ceepeebee
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Ceepeebee »

Hi all,

Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead. Where do Algarve Driver drop the car? We've used Goldcar and whilst expensive it's a breeze to pickup the car.

We tried Travelrent or somebody the other year and I waited for 90mins in the heat to pickup from a hut...

Thanks
tommy tunstall
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by tommy tunstall »

Have used Zit rental for years, excellent service, terms are good would recommend.
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Have also used Zit Auto for the past few years hiring a 9 seat vehicle from Faro Airport and have had no complaints.

Tony
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

Another vote for Zitauto!
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

It would be good to get some feedback from the OP to see who they used and how they got on as this was the reason for the original question. Personally it is AlgarveDriver for me!
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

Ceepeebee wrote:... Where do Algarve Driver drop the car? ...
Every time I've used Algarvedriver.com the car has been waiting for me close to the hut in P4, so it's available as soon as the paperwork has been completed.