Uber

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Eric Rathbone
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Uber

Post by Eric Rathbone »

Anyone else used an Uber here in Carvoeiro?
e-richard

Re: Uber

Post by e-richard »

Yes, most satisfactorily. Cheaper than taxi too.
Only tried twice so far, but cars available within 20 mins on both occasions.
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

Hubby wants Uber from Airport? Bit nervous. Good reviews on Facebook when people reference taxis in CVO.
Mike Burton
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Mike Burton »

Daughter, grandchildren and friends used Uber all the time when they were in the villa for two weeks, got back Saturday.
She said they were very good and would definitely recommend them
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

LICY wrote:Hubby wants Uber from Airport? Bit nervous. Good reviews on Facebook when people reference taxis in CVO.
How much is Uber from the airport?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Just tried on Uber now (8pm) and we're being quoted €54 - 72 from CVO to Faro with a 14minute wait.
I did not book it, but its an indication that Uber are likely to be the same as a private car service, but unpredictable arrival time as you cannot pre-book.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

e-richard wrote:Just tried on Uber now (8pm) and we're being quoted €54 - 72 from CVO to Faro with a 14minute wait.
I did not book it, but its an indication that Uber are likely to be the same as a private car service, but unpredictable arrival time as you cannot pre-book.
I guess they only like the short journeys, the airport could likely be petrol to and from if they do not get a pick up coming back.
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

e-richard wrote:Just tried on Uber now (8pm) and we're being quoted €54 - 72 from CVO to Faro with a 14minute wait.
Hubby tried from home and also got €70, so I booked suntransfers for €47. He also tried Uber for a taxi we need Saturday. The usual UK company quote online as £35 and uber between £45/£55. It seems to me it depends how many drivers are about as he was checking at 5.30pm so rush hour girls UK visit. We have the app so will check in CVO.
Rampage
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Rampage »

Tried it once to go from Carvoeiro to Chrissy's in Lagoa. Driver got lost!!!! And it cost more than a regular taxi charged for the return.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Used Uber yesterday. Same quality service as UK. However, my driver Luis told me that Uber in Portugal is illegal & if stopped by the police he would say I was a friend not a fare paying passenger!
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

widge wrote:Used Uber yesterday. Same quality service as UK. However, my driver Luis told me that Uber in Portugal is illegal & if stopped by the police he would say I was a friend not a fare paying passenger!
So you were not insured! :(