Property Insurance

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Striderman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Property Insurance

Post by Striderman »

Following recent purchase of our property in Carvoeiro, I have just insured 4 bed villa for Buildings and Contents with Schofields Insurance (based in Bolton) on their Holiday Home insurance scheme. Cost was less than £300.00 and there are no restrictive conditions/exclusions in respect of Winter/log burners/security that are found on the Intasure product. I'm an insurance broker by trade and I couldn't place it cheaper myself! :oops:
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

Striderman wrote:Following recent purchase of our property in Carvoeiro, I have just insured 4 bed villa for Buildings and Contents with Schofields Insurance (based in Bolton) on their Holiday Home insurance scheme. Cost was less than £300.00 and there are no restrictive conditions/exclusions in respect of Winter/log burners/security that are found on the Intasure product. I'm an insurance broker by trade and I couldn't place it cheaper myself! :oops:

Is that including Earth Quake Insurance???
Striderman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Striderman »

Hi
Yes Earthquake is included subject to increased excess of £300 and excluding any damage to Pool, Patio and Driveway
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Striderman wrote:Hi
Yes Earthquake is included subject to increased excess of £300 and excluding any damage to Pool, Patio and Driveway
Sounds like earthquake is excluded.
SJ & RE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SJ & RE »

Hi

I only have contents insurance as the owner is paying the building insurance.

I tried getting insurance from uk but could not find anyone to do it

I got hold of Abbeygate who seemed fine but then failed to email me the particulars.
Looked online and found Ibex in Almancil and they are delightful, all done online copies of policies all sent to me and they phoned me to pay rather than me paying for a phone call to Portugal cos I am at home in the UK. A lovely lady phones, paid and all sorted all for £102 new for old, low excesses and I thought really good value.
So I recommend them
bookbabe
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by bookbabe »

You do have to have earthquake insurance. The excess with an Ibex policy is 75 euros whereas Portuguese policies are generally a lot more.