Tree clearing - building or agriculture ?

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Tree clearing - building or agriculture ?

Post by roy4eyes »

For the past few weeks there has been a programme of uprooting trees and old vines in the fields between Intermarche and the road to Boa Vista/ Monte Santo.

Let us hope it is for more agriculture and not for housing/shopping development. I also noted that there are dropped kerbs at the first field from Lagoa indicating it may perhaps be intended for use as an overflow car parking area.

Anyone any further info ?
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Tree clearing - building or agriculture ?

Post by Jaylay »

roy4eyes wrote:For the past few weeks there has been a programme of uprooting trees and old vines in the fields between Intermarche and the road to Boa Vista/ Monte Santo.
The land has sold sign on it , think its that area surrounding the tiny cottage which used to have 2 beautiful palm trees next to it. Its designated open countryside so no major building work can be done on it( maybe possible to enlarge the one property on it.

)
roy4eyes wrote: I also noted that there are dropped kerbs at the first field from Lagoa indicating it may perhaps be intended for use as an overflow car parking area.
This land was used as carpark for Black and White night, now no parking allowed along EN125 in Lagoa would not be surprised if it is used for extra parking for the Fatacil in August.
Günni
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Günni »

roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

The latest development is that, having cleared the ground, there are now piles of sand being dumped on the land which is not what I would have thought necessary for agricultural use. Perhaps more fields of solar panels ?
mixerman
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by mixerman »

access to this land has been obtained by a Danish guy , who plans to grow vegetables , the resident ,last week.
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

Oh shame - I thought it might be for low cost social housing, as an overspill from the council estate where the lights used to be! (only kidding Roy!)
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Shame about that - we were looking to downsize :wink: