O'Stop

pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

O'Stop

Post by pato »

Went last night even though the weather was poor for our beloved Chicken Piri Piri, what a disappointment, the chicken was obviously pre cooked and as dry as a bone, it looks as if the old lady has handed the place to her grandchildren and they're not doing a good job on the Barbie, they've expanded the covers but not the cooking facilities and that may be the problem. :(
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: O'Stop

Post by njc0607 »

cant be as bad as the other place in the cliffs, near CVO.... my parents got ripped off for €50 there last year. they bought us a "gift voucher" from there..
when my and my wife went to cash it in, after a fairly standard lunch, they said they did not accept gift vouchers.. and it was a fake.
I rang my mum whilst there to confirm when and who she paid etc, and they basically called my mum a liar, and said the fella had no right to sell vouchers, which greatly upset all of us,... and even though we had a full print out of the voucher and the guy had even signed it.. they would not accept it, so I just asked for mums €50 back, but they said they wanted proof she had paid,, so we showed her the voucher again, and so it went around in circles for 20mins... even after all that palava, they still denied giving it out... and would not give us the money back.

then my sister and husband visited later in the year,, and after 50mins of being ignored by the waiters, they walked out..

my friends went earlier this year and said it was the worst run place they had ever been too. the waiters didn't know what they were doing, the food took over and hour and was below standard.

I don't know who owns it now, but it needs a visit form the local authorities and or some serious attention...
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

njc0607 wrote:cant be as bad as the other place in the cliffs, near CVO.... my parents got ripped off for €50 there last year. they bought us a "gift voucher" from there..
when my and my wife went to cash it in, after a fairly standard lunch, they said they did not accept gift vouchers.. and it was a fake.
I rang my mum whilst there to confirm when and who she paid etc, and they basically called my mum a liar, and said the fella had no right to sell vouchers, which greatly upset all of us,... and even though we had a full print out of the voucher and the guy had even signed it.. they would not accept it, so I just asked for mums €50 back, but they said they wanted proof she had paid,, so we showed her the voucher again, and so it went around in circles for 20mins... even after all that palava, they still denied giving it out... and would not give us the money back.

then my sister and husband visited later in the year,, and after 50mins of being ignored by the waiters, they walked out..

my friends went earlier this year and said it was the worst run place they had ever been too. the waiters didn't know what they were doing, the food took over and hour and was below standard.

I don't know who owns it now, but it needs a visit form the local authorities and or some serious attention...
where do you mean ? it sounds terrible
margaretm
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by margaretm »

It sounds like the restaurant at Algar Seco. We had a similar experience there a couple of years ago and have never been back since. We waited ages for the food to come, it was very poor and very expensive
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

As has been said on this forum in relation to many issues that people have, if the service is that bad or you feel ripped off (such as over the gift voucher) then ask for and fill in the complaints book. That is how the authorities get to hear officially. Also in this current age post on Tripadvisor where comments are more likely to be seen than on this forum. Strangers to CVO are more likely to look on Tripadvisor than to find and register on this forum or other closed groups elsewhere to see comments.
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

This doesn't sound like O'Stop. We have always had good service and excellent food there at a reasonable price. Admittedly we have always eaten fish there which is fresh out of the sea and often caught by one of the family who own it. They seem to be a very nice family.
Babaliz
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Babaliz »

Agree, doesn't sound like the little cafe/restaurant (O Stop) at Centianes. We go there fairly often, sometimes just for a drink - but we''ve often eaten there - and find the staff (all family I think) very friendly.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

Farol wrote:As has been said on this forum in relation to many issues that people have, if the service is that bad or you feel ripped off (such as over the gift voucher) then ask for and fill in the complaints book. That is how the authorities get to hear officially. Also in this current age post on Tripadvisor where comments are more likely to be seen than on this forum. Strangers to CVO are more likely to look on Tripadvisor than to find and register on this forum or other closed groups elsewhere to see comments.
+ 1

(Doesn't sound like O'Stop)
margaretm
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by margaretm »

We went to this restaurant last week and were rather disappointed. We have been going here for years and it is usually busy on a summers evening but last week there were very few people there and the food did not seem up to the high standard of a couple of years ago. We had a lovely waiter but the service was a bit hit and miss as he was easily distracted by other things going on. Not sure we will return in a hurry which is a shame as it is to walk to for us.
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by madaboutangling »

We went twice this week and had two good meals. On Friday night they had a great live band that had people dancing by the sea and it was a terrific atmosphere dining outside right by the water as the sun went down. The prawns, octopus salad and the ribs were all excellent. Did not leave until midnight. Best reserve on Fridays.