Helders - Rocha Brava

SidBish
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Helders - Rocha Brava

Post by SidBish »

Helder has converted his pool room into a smart new restaurant and now has a nice menu ready for the new season - worth trying and if any problems then nothing is too much trouble for him, he aims to please ........ always a great place to watch sport too, the usual bar is unchanged and as popular as before.
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Helders - Rocha Brava

Post by cumbria sue »

SidBish wrote:Helder has converted his pool room into a smart new restaurant and now has a nice menu ready for the new season - worth trying and if any problems then nothing is too much trouble for him, he aims to please ........ always a great place to watch sport too, the usual bar is unchanged and as popular as before.
My family ate at Helder's last week and really enjoyed it said they couldn't fault it
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

I took my family and party total of 15 to Helders new restaurant on June 3rd one with a very severe nut allergy, and vegetarian! So a tricky call and we never booked so it was a good test

We was all impressed with the food and service .the food style Portuguese and the house red wine was excellent.

All in all a very pleasant evening nice surroundings.

I was very pleased with the final Conta “Bill” good food good value
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

I was really pleased to read that review.
Helder is a lovely guy and deserves all the success he gets
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by madaboutangling »

I agree. We went there a number of times in June. Busy and really enjoyed the entrecote steak. Good cocktails too
Rubydoo
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rubydoo »

Can't wait to see the the refurbishment. He'll be really busy with the new restaurant. He's a great bloke and deserves all the success in his new place.
tomgibson
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by tomgibson »

We have been out here for two weeks now, enjoying the fantastic weather and have eaten at Helder's new restaurant 4 times. The food is excellent, good sized portions and really good value. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

tomgibson wrote:We have been out here for two weeks now, enjoying the fantastic weather and have eaten at Helder's new restaurant 4 times. The food is excellent, good sized portions and really good value. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.
Agree with you we have had some lovely meals and the restaurant side is nicely decorated and makes a great addition to the bar
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Went along last week to watch the footie and enjoy a steak and disaster! Helders are closed for the holidays until the new year. Had to go along to Algrave 2000 which was not a great experience in terms of footie viewing or eating!
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by biffa »

Any more recent views on this please? Went to his pizza/pasta neighbour last week and not too impressed . :(
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

biffa wrote:Any more recent views on this please? Went to his pizza/pasta neighbour last week and not too impressed . :(
my family ate there last month and said it was very good and have heard other good reports
tomgibson
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by tomgibson »

Excellent food and good value for money. We returned from Rocha Brava last week and probably ate at Helder's 4 times. Cannot fault it. Also frequently ate at Bella Napoli (the pizza place) next door which we also found to be good. The chocolate moose at both establishments is to die for!
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Really enjoyed breakfast watching the superb Lions match last Saturday with loads of people. Great atmosphere and food good too!
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Hi maa,

I have sent you a P.M. - so please look out for it !!

Roy
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

Went to Helders on 4,5,6 September 2017 all 100% food good Beer Good company even better