Tivoli Refurbishment

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Tivoli Refurbishment

Post by algarve123 »

Hi all,

Does anyone have any updated how the works at the Tivoli are coming along?

Heading to back to Carvoeiro in a few weeks and would like if it was open to go for a meal and a drink (the planned 'Sky bar' on the roof sounds lovely).

I believe April 1st was there proposed completion date.
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Tivoli Refurbishment

Post by cumbria sue »

algarve123 wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone have any updated how the works at the Tivoli are coming along?

Heading to back to Carvoeiro in a few weeks and would like if it was open to go for a meal and a drink (the planned 'Sky bar' on the roof sounds lovely).

I believe April 1st was there proposed completion date.
big discussion and pictures on the FB page about this
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

Thanks for your reply cumbria sue. What facebook page is that info on?
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

algarve123 wrote:Thanks for your reply cumbria sue. What facebook page is that info on?

Look on Carvoeiro Forum.
tomgibson
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by tomgibson »

madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by madaboutangling »

I see they are taking bookings on their website from 4 April so they must be confident of this date. On 14/4 the lowest rate was 230 Euros so they have certainly gone upmarket.
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

I was there yesterday.... having a bit of a mooch around.
I would be absolutely gobsmacked if it is finished for beginning of April.
They would need to work around the clock.
I have been involved in a few constructions in my time..and there is one thing I do know... it's the finishes and detail that takes the time to complete... and they are nowhere near even starting those.
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

Thanks for that on the ground info 'njc0607'. I've worked in the construction industry for a long time and would agree with you totally but hopefully it works out on time for them. I would love to see it completed when we are over.
sfuller
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by sfuller »

Apologies if this has been written elsewhere but the Tivoli will not be opening on the 1st April! We got an email at the weekend as have large booking (29 of us in the end!) for arrivals between 4th and 7th to say that they wouldn't be opened in time - best guess was the 6th! Offered us other hotels in the group (not in CVO though so not a lot of help!) or to cancel our bookings so we are going elsewhere in CVO!
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

sfuller wrote:Apologies if this has been written elsewhere but the Tivoli will not be opening on the 1st April! We got an email at the weekend as have large booking (29 of us in the end!) for arrivals between 4th and 7th to say that they wouldn't be opened in time - best guess was the 6th! Offered us other hotels in the group (not in CVO though so not a lot of help!) or to cancel our bookings so we are going elsewhere in CVO!

Did they say when they would open???
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

sfuller wrote:Apologies if this has been written elsewhere but the Tivoli will not be opening on the 1st April! We got an email at the weekend as have large booking (29 of us in the end!) for arrivals between 4th and 7th to say that they wouldn't be opened in time - best guess was the 6th! Offered us other hotels in the group (not in CVO though so not a lot of help!) or to cancel our bookings so we are going elsewhere in CVO!
Sorry to hear that 'sfuller', its a real shame that you and your group have been let down like that. Best of luck with getting your alternative accomodation.
Last edited by algarve123 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sfuller
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by sfuller »

Their best guess was the 6th to re-open but we couldn't take that chance! Have booked Quinta Do Paraiso as been there before so know it well and didn't have time to start looking in to alternatives for such a large group!
Allenshouse
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Allenshouse »

Passed by yesterday and I would be amazed if it's is open by 6th April. There still looks to be major external work going on and I doubt they have even started on the fit outs. There are two cranes on site and no landscaping yet.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Messages on various Facebook Forums are saying hotel accepting won't be open by advertised date and that certain bookings can't be honoured. Clients negotiating solutions apparently.
tommy tunstall
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by tommy tunstall »

After passing the other day, it will be a miracle if it opens in May. Still mountains of work to do.