Warning - burglars operating in Carvoeiro

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
astrid
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Warning - burglars operating in Carvoeiro

Post by astrid »

Our villa in Carvoeiro (near Quinta do Paraiso) was broken into last night. We are usually not there in the Winter and our house is not exactly a luxury palace...
The burglars sawed the metal grill of our back window, made a very big mess in our house, broke various things, stole kitchen equipment, towels and cleaning products (!) as well as our TV/DVD player.
To top it off the broken glass from the windows was thrown into the pool together with other objects.
It will be a lot of work to repair and replace everything and to clean the pool so that it will be safe to use again.

All this now, just when I though that the latest changes in tax regulations were our biggest bother...Sigh...
Elfie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Warning - burglars operating in Carvoeiro

Post by Elfie »

Nasty! Sounds like they really took their time too.
mardi
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mardi »

So sorry to hear this. We had a break in a couple of years ago but not as bad as yours so I know it's a horrid experience. Thank you for posting on here because I think it reminds everyone to be aware and keep their eyes open for anything out of the ordinary. I warn everybody now not to leave anything valuable on show and to lock everything. I hope you get everything sorted.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

mardi wrote:So sorry to hear this. We had a break in a couple of years ago but not as bad as yours so I know it's a horrid experience. Thank you for posting on here because I think it reminds everyone to be aware and keep their eyes open for anything out of the ordinary. I warn everybody now not to leave anything valuable on show and to lock everything. I hope you get everything sorted.
Get an alarm! 8)
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Heard that Rosa's Bar up by water tower was broken into. Alcohol and tobacco taken. Seems they drank a few bottles of beer leaving them behind along with finger prints!
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

smudger wrote:Heard that Rosa's Bar up by water tower was broken into. Alcohol and tobacco taken. Seems they drank a few bottles of beer leaving them behind along with finger prints!
And DNA presumably? or don't they do that in Cvo. 8)
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

pato wrote:
smudger wrote:Heard that Rosa's Bar up by water tower was broken into. Alcohol and tobacco taken. Seems they drank a few bottles of beer leaving them behind along with finger prints!
And DNA presumably? or don't they do that in Cvo. 8)
Was told about break in 2 weeks ago when over. Back next week so will ask............... :wink:
Camelot101
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Camelot101 »

We were broken into last March, crowbarred the side door whilst we were on the roof, obviously had a look out who I swear was one of the gardeners, cost us thousands fitting new doors and shutters, really put me off the place to be quiet honest, blood everywhere but the police were not interested, didn't dust for fingerprints or take DNA, absolutely useless, they took all our money, bank cards but the police wanted 15 euros for the report, despite the fact we had no money. We now have intruder alarms that would wake the dead!