Wolf

tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Wolf

Post by tricky »

Fin do mundo is in ferragudo. I know this is a Carvoeiro site but cannot believe that people don't venture out away from the town or indeed are not interested in doing so. I know for a fact that many Cvo visitors count fin do mundo amongst their favourites. However if I didn't fancy a taxi ride or a nice bottle of wine. Wolf is a good alternative
Cuzzman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cuzzman »

Agree Fin do mundo is excellent, highly recommend....
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

Cuzzman wrote:Agree Fin do mundo is excellent, highly recommend....
But if you go there too often you will end up the same shape as Jo that runs it :D
charles hewitt
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by charles hewitt »

We may have been unlucky, very unlucky, but, it would appear that Pickwick is making innuendos based on hearsay perhaps to attempt to defend the indefensible.
At no time was a free meal requested. Upon being presented with the bill, my actual phrase was "I'm surprised you have charged me full price for my meal. It was largely a disaster". I was told they couldn't do anything about it and that nobody with that authority was available!
Our version of events has full credence as we were actually there and any attempt to discredit me calls for the explanation of exactly what did happen.
Upon arrival, my wife and I were served our Mimosa drinks fairly promptly. We had to ask on 3 separate occasions before our 27 yr old daughter was served one. I seriously hope that it wasn't disability discrimination.
We didn't even complain that my wife's drink was served in a glass obviously straight from the dishwasher - it was very warm - for a chilled drink!
No, the complaint was that more than 5 minutes after my wife and daughter had been served their meal, I was asked "What was it you ordered?" and a period of more than another 5 minutes elapsed before my meal was brought to the table. The meat was fine, the rest of the meal was cold. So I am out for a family meal watching them eat and then they watched me eat which what eventually turned out to be a poor meal. Not what is expected at a restaurant that appears to have such good reviews.
Enough to make my original moans justifiable I think.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

Charles you are entitled to your opinion & you have made it but what I have found on this site is that if you go against the opinion of some people you are lambasted as you will be aware of from the replies to your post.
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

alf1956 wrote:Charles you are entitled to your opinion & you have made it but what I have found on this site is that if you go against the opinion of some people you are lambasted as you will be aware of from the replies to your post.
I think it's a shame that people think like that Alf, looking back at this topic I count far more folk saying Chas has the right to an opinion than not? he's had good support?
PhilT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by PhilT »

As a CVO regular visitor and owner I thought joining this forum would help me understand more about CVO. This particular post gives no clues at all about the village (town), little about the restaurant...
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

PhilT

Try asking a question and see what advice/help you get?

Pickwick
PhilT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by PhilT »

Hi Pickwick

I've seen many a helpful post, from a/c via car hire, fiscal reps, IT, all the way to winter lets (couldn't get to a "z"), and thanks.

Phil
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

Had another fab meal at the Wolf. Staff attentive. I don't consider €18 for a huge high quality steak to be expensive, certainly be lucky to get an OK steak in Surrey for less than £20. just saying ......
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

LICY wrote:Had another fab meal at the Wolf. Staff attentive. I don't consider €18 for a huge high quality steak to be expensive, certainly be lucky to get an OK steak in Surrey for less than £20. just saying ......
no very reasonable if that includes all the trimmings or as I have heard every portion of veg ,chips etc is charged extra
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Hi Cumbria Sue

Yes it includes chips and is dressed with salad. A meal for 4 included the following on Saturday night:-

6 x glasses of Prosecco
8 x small beers
2 x bottle mineral water
1 x bottle house red
1 x glass house white
3 x tiger prawn starters
3 x rib eyes with chips and salad (1 with 2 fried eggs)
1 x roast chicken with chips
4 x salted caramel "rolos"

TOTAL bill 150€ including tip i.e. £28.50 a head. You cannot get foods and drinks of this quality in the UK at twice that price!

A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THE WOLF :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Pickwick
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

Their menus can be found here: http://thewolfbarandgrill.com/menu.html
Aldo
CVO Senior
CVO Senior