Letting RB properties

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/rochabrava_map.jpg
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Letting RB properties

Post by dennisg »

Does any other reader of this forum let out their property on RB? I have received an e mail from management advising that if they are to continue letting our house, we must have a "fireplan" drawn up professionally and displayed on the back of the front door. This will cost 79. 95 euros per property, which sounds exorbitant to me. All letting properties must also have adjustments to their balcony rails which will now have to be of an increased height. This will cost between 300 and 600 euros. Don't know exactly what work this entails so can't comment on whether this is reasonable. Any thoughts on this?
Mike Banks
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Letting RB properties

Post by Mike Banks »

I agree that €79.95 for the fireplan seems very high, particularly as many of the properties are identical so the work involved doesn't need to be duplicated. The cost of raising the parapets will vary according to the individual property, and may be OK for the work involved. As to whether it's necessary, we do not have much choice. If we don't comply we'll get no letting income, and the cost of complying is much less than the expected income.
Rubydoo
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rubydoo »

Since Holiday property bond took over the management of RB there seems to be something every year that needs to be done in the properties! Some of them needless. In March of this year we agreed to the refurbishment of our apartment. We were assured it would be to a high standard and certainly what we were being charged we fully expected it to be. We came in November to inspect it and were very disappointed. After discussions with the management they have agreed to change the items (mainly soft furnishings) we were not happy with. Hopefully this will be rectified before our next visit.
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

I have to say in defence of HPB that our rental income this past 2 years has increased considerably over the previous 2 - 3 years. Also the improvement in Wi-Fi reception and the under-cover swimming pool are of benefit. Being a cynic, I have no doubt we will pay for these in increased maintenance costs but that is probably fair.