ABC- MÚSICA AO VIVO - LIVE MUSIC

quintadosol
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

ABC- MÚSICA AO VIVO - LIVE MUSIC

Post by quintadosol »

- Há um mundo de gente que gosta de ouvir e até dançar ao som de música ao vivo!
- There's a world of people that enjoys listening or even dance at live music shows!

Achei que seria giro colocar aqui um sítio para todo o pessoal que gosta de saber onde se pode encontrar música ao vivo, sem incluir propriamente as chamadas "discotecas" ou bares com pista de dança.
É mais um complemento para o que se encontra através das páginas de redes sociais por aí fora, e como não encontrei nada neste Forum, fica aqui a ideia e o espaço.

I thought it would be nice to have a place for everyone who enjoys finding a different place for live music, besides the so called "discos" or bars where you can dance. This is just to add to what you can find in all sorts of social networks everywhere in the net, and as I couldn't find such a spot here in the Forum, here it is!

Boa sorte a todos!
Good luck to all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGlcM8yDWlQ
Last edited by quintadosol on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: ABC- SÍTIO DOS NAMORICOS /DATING AREA

Post by laserblazer »

No need to shout!
quintadosol
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: ABC- SÍTIO DE MÚSICA AO VIVO

Post by quintadosol »

Lol! Block letters removed, no harm intendend!
Last edited by quintadosol on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
quintadosol
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by quintadosol »

Last edited by quintadosol on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
quintadosol
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by quintadosol »

News about dancing:

In case you don't know - there are 3 kinds of dance still moving people around in the Algarve, besides "Salsa". You can have typpical ballroom dancing in several places in the Algarve, normally "inland", and with popular music played by one of those modern organs and synthesizers, normally with an accordion keyboard with orchestra and lively rhythms associated with it, depending on the artist. Many of these players come from accordion schools around in the Algarve. You can find several places of "kizomba" music in Praia da Rocha, for ex., and even in S.B. Messines, in "Serrinho" to name a few. The other type of music is "Forró" and you can find it near the main four lane avenue in Praia da Rocha, too, a place called "Ritmus". They have great "caipirinha" there, and I've seen at least two great duos and a samba band playing there, since new years eve! Other types of typical popular dance can also be played like Xote, Baião, Xaxado, Arrastapé (dragfoot) and Côco! Explore for yourself!
I'll leave you with a few images, see what you think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZM7mf5BbCI
Last edited by quintadosol on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quintadosol
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by quintadosol »

More ideas where to go: - typical portuguese ballroom dancing:

- check Poço Barreto (ex-small railway station, road Silves-Algoz) - I've seen live music going and a lot of cars and people at least on sunday night, even during winter, it should be lively;

- also in front of Fatacil, in Lagoa, live music for dancing in the restaurant "Barca Velha" - I'm not sure of the weekly days at the moment, I was told it's on fridays and saturdays night...

Live music in Silves:
- live music on Café Inglês (near the castle entrance), they have weekends with live music, in Silves - fridays and saturdays at night (8:30pm) and on sundays (2:30pm); now they also have a quiz night every wednesdays, starting at 7pm. They suggest you should make a reservation - phone: 282 442 585;

- every first tuesday of the month, in Vale Fuzeiros (on the road from Silves to S.B.de Messines, turn left to Amorosa before arriving in Messines, then follow indications to Vale Fuzeiros), restaurant "O Gralha", live music played by the local residents and local friends. You should book for dinner, it's quite full normally...;

- At the moment, every 2nd wednesday of the month: the 50's and 60's music group "The Teds" at the restaurant "Ponte Romana", Silves;

- fado (typical portuguese music) at the restaurant "O Cais" in Silves, every thursday night.

*** That's all for now! If anybody knows any different places for live music, please post around here! :-)
quintadosol
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: ABC- MÚSICA AO VIVO - LIVE MUSIC

Post by quintadosol »

One more place you can all check out, for live music - in Alcantarilha-Gare:

"Feedback Bar"

http://www.ofeedbackalgarve.com/

They also have a Facebook page, where the weekly activities, live shows and jam sessions are described, including photo albums of events.
quintadosol
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: ABC- MÚSICA AO VIVO - LIVE MUSIC

Post by quintadosol »

Here's the Facebook link for the Carvoeiro Jazz, in Monte Carvoeiro:

http://facebook.com/jazz.carvoeiro