where to stay

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
x_nicole_x
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

where to stay

Post by x_nicole_x »

Hi all used to work in the village looking for somewhere to stay 22nd aug for a week, for myself partner and 4 yr old. Looking for recommendations, availabilitys? Looked at solferias but some bad reviews? Can any1 help? Thanks in advance :)
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: where to stay

Post by maccasa »

We stayed at Solferias many times during the time we looked for a property and then built one. Never had any complaints - its old and could do with a refurbish, but it has massive rooms with two double beds and the staff are very helpful - great pool as well.
Victor Laszlo
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Victor Laszlo »

Hi,

Don't stay at the Solferias, it's appalling. Booked a week there and walked straight out again when we saw a dead rat in the pool.

Baia Cristal Beach is the one we'd recommend, not 5 star but excellent value for money and a 20 min walk from restaurant hill.

Cheers

Ray & Carole
Scarface76
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Scarface76 »

I would suggest rocha brava.
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

Scarface76 wrote:I would suggest rocha brava.
so would I ,lovely place
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

Quinta do Paraiso has a kiddies' club and is within walking distance of the town and beach.
foxy
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by foxy »

Try Colina at Porco Partido
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

maccasa wrote:We stayed at Solferias many times during the time we looked for a property and then built one. Never had any complaints - its old and could do with a refurbish, but it has massive rooms with two double beds and the staff are very helpful - great pool as well.
We also stayed there a couple of times and so did my brother in laws. Yes basic, but we found it OK, Never tried the pool mind you as all we needed was somewhere to sleep the night and have a wash and brush up when our villa had the electric switched off/was not ready for us. The first time was late December 2011. The last being October 2012.