Rocha Brava admin

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/rochabrava_map.jpg
RogueBrit

Post by RogueBrit »

PRAT - That's the best you can come up with?!! How very sad.
vera

Post by vera »

Continuing this rather important issue, has anyone noticed that "Truly Algarve" are renting out villas "in association with Rocha Brava"?
Can anyone put a definitive answer / rule on whether in fact as an owner I can rent out to who I want, and to which agency or organisation I want. Up to now I have relied upon friends and relatives, but it would be nice to get a few more weeks use from my villa.
The original thoughts on this forum subject seem to have been lost in a bit of a slanging-match going on and it would be nice to have a final answer.
vera

Post by vera »

Sadly nobody seems to have responded to my earlier post. I suppose it's not really important to most people but any thoughts would be appreciated please
V
Bridget Matthews

Post by Bridget Matthews »

Vera - I too was waiting to see whether anyone came up with an answer.
Perhaps it would be better for a few of us to contact the Owners Committee direct and see what they have to say about it all? Then it might get this subject sorted.
I'm not at base at present so don't have the various paperwork relating to the Owners Committee here - can anybody supply us with a contact name, email address and tel number for the Chairman please, then we'll go straight to the top for the answer - hopefully!
Also with an AGM looming (which we can't attend as we're in USA at present) could this subject be discussed (again?) at that meeting?
Thank you B
Not submitted

Renting

Post by Not submitted »

I am an owner of a a villa. I think it may be a good idea to offer RB a % of our rental income which they have never had. From villa and appt owners, incudind quarter share and half share owners. This wouls not be a large % but far better for RB.
We do not want to see RB go down and this is something they have nver had. Of course they can still do their own rental schemes!
If this is dismissed I will bring up at the next meeting in March
Jane Elison

Post by Jane Elison »

Yes, with the AGM coming up I think it would be a good idea to raise this point again as it is obviously causing concern here, and I dare say to those people who aren't forum readers. After all it it is in RB's interest to have the villas/appts occupied so guests spend money in the area.
If any readers can clarify the situation at the AGM please that would be useful.
I expect the issue of non-payments of charges will also be raised and rightly so. Thanks to anyone who can help.
guest121

Post by guest121 »

We each own our propertys with our own deeds our names are on those deeds not rocha bravas, so we can rent to who ever we like without paying them anything.! End of conversation As quoted by 2 local lawyers
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

Just out of curiosity, what did those two lawyers say with regards to the status of the condominium? Is Rocha Brava a "condominio fechado"?
Lynne

Owners Meeting

Post by Lynne »

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to hold the meeting during the Easter holiday when there are lots of owners or their families visiting RB? We'd love to attend the meetings but are tied to school holidays.

Post by Guest »

They nearly managed to get it held in the holidays didn't they? Just 2 days before the start of the four-day break this year. But that is a good idea and I think there would be more interest/input.
However, if you have any views on an item of RB causing you concern, don't forget to contact the President of the Owners Committee with any worries or opinions. It may help others if general items (rather than anything personal) were also submitted and discussed on this forum.
Happy holidays!
Alan B
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

If I had to hold the AGM I would also make sure it were on a date when there are less people around. In my experience, AGMs with high attendancy are very hard to manage and every topic takes twice as long to get off the table.

My advice is to get together with like-minded owners and arrange for one person to attend with proxies for fellow houseowners.
motowatkis
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Re: Rocha Brava admin

Post by motowatkis »

We own a 1 bed apartment in Rocha brava and this year have given 3couples the use of the apartment,
We have been told that when they went to collect the keys from reception they offered other accommodation through rocha ,is this the way they intend to promote there properties , All our friends didn't take up the offer as ours wasn't being charged for,
Has any other owners found this has happened to them? I have emailed rocha and awaiting reply ,
Back in August can't wait.

Mike.
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

motowatkis wrote:We own a 1 bed apartment in Rocha brava and this year have given 3couples the use of the apartment,
We have been told that when they went to collect the keys from reception they offered other accommodation through rocha ,is this the way they intend to promote there properties , All our friends didn't take up the offer as ours wasn't being charged for,
Has any other owners found this has happened to them? I have emailed rocha and awaiting reply ,
Back in August can't wait.

Mike.
why don't you post this in the property owners section you might get a response :)
Mike Banks
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike Banks »

So far this summer we have only allowed the use of our apartment to a couple of friends. They collected the key from reception as normal, and weren't offered any alternative accommodation. I have never heard of attempts to switch accommodation in these circumstances before.